Most practical van?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a transit connect and it's WAY too small for me now! I'm looking to get a Vauxhall Vivaro in the new year hopefully. Transit panel vans drive horrible compared to the Vivaro/primastar/trafics

Gearboxes can be an issue but every workhorse will ave its problems at some point imo.

That'd be the one I'd go for. I was a bit 50\50 on the earlier ones but the later 2.0 CDTi is much better IMO, although still runs out of revs in gears a bit quick, but not as quick as the old 1.9.

I've got an 09 plate Expert, absolutly brilliant. Really nice to drive, two side doors, loads of space in the back, 3 seats up, good on fuel, have managed to get 500 miles to a tank, but that was 4 days driveing 10 miles round the corner with the fuel light on. Some really good prices around if you are prepared to wait.

If looking at the Vivaro/Primstar/Traffic, Go for the Primstar as they are far the best value for money. You can get the same spec as the Vivaro Sport on a standard Primstar, for alot less money.

saying 'i get x amount of miles' means just about nothing. i get about 200-250, but if i had a larger tank (like one of our other vans did), i could probably get about 1000 per tank, even though it was the same van

Cheers Patch!

Oooo! Thats not good, according to peugeot I should get 33.6 Urban!

but then I suppose they don't get these figures with a tube and ladders on the roof, 6 Drums of t&e etc inside! LOL!

Cheers Patch!Oooo! Thats not good, according to peugeot I should get 33.6 Urban!

but then I suppose they don't get these figures with a tube and ladders on the roof, 6 Drums of t&e etc inside! LOL!
You'll never get what the manufacturer's suggest unless you drive like a gay!

Roof rack and ladders knock off a good few MPG!

I only managed it once, most of the time I get 470miles to a tank, I did try the math but couldn't work it out! LOL!

I only managed it once, most of the time I get 470miles to a tank, I did try the math but couldn't work it out! LOL!
I worry about some people. 26.7mpg

Especially people who should be able to do cable calculations..........

You'll never get what the manufacturer's suggest unless you drive like a gay! Roof rack and ladders knock off a good few MPG!
You should try driving in Brighton mate. Loads of bandits down there lol

Suzuki Carry!

That's what I drive lol

When I can afford it I was going to upgrade to a VW Caddy

i drive a Citreon Berlingo and it is a good driver with good space in the front but in the back it is CRAP.

i get about 440 miles to a tank which is about

there is NO room in them anywhere,I get about 8.5 mile to the litre,

got a full galv roof rack and usually some triple ladders on.

work that out Apache, I just cant be donkeyed.

hitting that there marvellous golders green on Monday again so roof rack off and will let yous know how the mileage goes,

BTW, a mid roof transit done it and back (about 240miles) on one tank.
Just divide by .22 = 38mpg Not bad

How was Golder's Green? Did you go to the Brent Cross Shopping Centre? ;) Find a pub?

really rubbish

No

and No

staying at travelodge wembley this time, so at least get a drink without reverting to a case in a scruffy little room ............

oh, and a breakfast and some dinner too that might not involve kentucky, and bacon may well be on offer. :D