Most practical van?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always work my mileage costs out in p per mile, that way i can easily cost out how muc to go x far!

No idea about mpg in my connect especially as it is probably overloaded most of the time!

However, it costs me about 15p per mile to run. Thus 100 miles

I always work my mileage costs out in p per mile, that way i can easily cost out how muc to go x far!No idea about mpg in my connect especially as it is probably overloaded most of the time!

However, it costs me about 15p per mile to run. Thus 100 miles

Yes 'Patch I mean fuel only!

Sorry did not make that clear!

I charge a LOT more than that per mile, but, the fuel costs are the only variable cost, the rest are fixed overheads!

when i was looking i fancied the pergeot boxer or vw transporter as i wanted to be able to walk in to the van as well as store EVERYTHING found them quite pricey tho, then i came across the Fiat Ducato maxi 2.8jtd it was about half the price has basically the same chassis its nice and pokey and i get about 25-30 mpg, no major problems after 3 years.and i can get my ladders inside when needed, it cost me

I had use of an 08 Ducato this year, 20000 miles/4 months. As much as it pains me to say it, it was pretty damn good! It was only 100bhp but was fully loaded with the bluetooth system, air con, electrics etc for less than a bottom spec transit.

In my experience of VW (not the very latest facelift model) the engines are just too noisey, drove an 07 Caddy yesterday, SDI model and not as slow as I thought it'd be, but that engine noise is ridiculous. Maybe the switch to common rail will change that though, like everyone else did 5-10 years ago.

Its just a real shame the Hiace looks like it does, otherwise it'd be the default choice in my opinion.