Multi cutters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian932

Reaction score
This a topic that has been discussed before but not about the new 10.8v Bosch

I've decided after trying to make an access hole today in stripped floorboards without butchering them that I need one of these after reading up I don't want the DIY bosch PMF180E.

So its either the Fein or the Bosch GOP any opinions?

IMO the question is - do you need cordless? Have you any other 10.8V Bosch stuff? If you have and are using the batteries then might be a good system. If not the corded Fein may be better.

I had a play with the cordless Bosch at a tool show last weekend. Seemed as powerful as the mains PMF 180E that I have. Didn't buy it as couldn't justify the money (got the impact wrench/drill tho)

IMO the question is - do you need cordless? Have you any other 10.8V Bosch stuff? If you have and are using the batteries then might be a good system. If not the corded Fein may be better. I had a play with the cordless Bosch at a tool show last weekend. Seemed as powerful as the mains PMF 180E that I have. Didn't buy it as couldn't justify the money (got the impact wrench/drill tho)
Got no Bosch kit, what do you think is better about the Fein? Are the Bosch blades not cheaper?

IMO the question is - do you need cordless? Have you any other 10.8V Bosch stuff? If you have and are using the batteries then might be a good system. If not the corded Fein may be better. I had a play with the cordless Bosch at a tool show last weekend. Seemed as powerful as the mains PMF 180E that I have. Didn't buy it as couldn't justify the money (got the impact wrench/drill tho)
I am seriously worried about you patch you have more tools than me are you a part time butcher as well as a vet?

Where do you get the time? I hope its fox proof.
I was nailing wire on by head torch! Should be fox proof - made with light gauge weld mesh rather than chicken wire!

If we had a fox in the garden I'd shoot the barsteward!

Bosch do 2 versions

the PMF180E (mains) or the GOP (battery)

or then again theres the FEIN MultiMaster FMM 250

Personally I went with the PMF180E (mains) as I had a lot of floor boards to lift and TBH I have used it loads since... at least 3 times a week. At that time I could not justify the extra

Bosch do 2 versionsthe PMF180E (mains) or the GOP (battery)

or then again theres the FEIN MultiMaster FMM 250

Personally I went with the PMF180E (mains) as I had a lot of floor boards to lift and TBH I have used it loads since... at least 3 times a week. At that time I could not justify the extra

Nope... don't like cordless.. they let you down when you most need them...

Not having had any personal experience of the GOP, I'd say it would be great for those little jobs that we love to hate but wouldn't be up to the job for big jobs... i.e. loads of floor boards

I'd say it would be great for those little jobs that we love to hate but wouldn't be up to the job for big jobs... i.e. loads of floor boards
Good point Applaud Smiley

Just had a look at the video on you tube it does look a like a nice bit of kit.

What would you use it for?

Cutting floorboards.

Cutting lath and plaster.

What else?

Is it a luxury tool or a must?

Tim..

go and wash your mouth out with soap and water... ;)

For exposed boards a circular saw blade is too thick and if you are not very careful you will over cut adjacent boards.... a Bosch / Fein blade is <1mm thick

Jobs I have used my Bosch for..

Exposed floor boards (loads)

Trimming worktop when replacing hob (blade doesn't wander like a jigsaw blade)

Trimming tiles

Removing grout from back boxes

Trimming 4" soil pipe when used for extractor fans (absolutley flush!)

Cutting holes in shop wall board for switches

Cutting plastered in copper pipes

Trimming skirting boards and daido to allow MT to go to floor

Just had a look at the video on you tube it does look a like a nice bit of kit.What would you use it for?

Cutting floorboards.

Cutting lath and plaster.

What else?

Is it a luxury tool or a must?
I had that exact thought for a long time before I bought it...

Definately essential tool.. I have used it soooooo much!! But I am domestic, I'd say for an industrial spark it'd be next to useless!

ive used mine to chop into lath and plaster and them walls made out of straw and mud that i cant pronounce let alone spell, was very neat and quick.