Multi functional tester

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newchap

Reaction score
Hi all I'm looking at getting a multi functional tester- the use will mainly be domestic. I don't have much experience with testing in truth so I'm looking for a easy to use tester with all the features I will require 

any suggestions would be great, I have a couple of links for what I have found so far- I don't want to spend the earth

http://www.test4less.co.uk/electrical/multifunction-testers-instrument-kits/megger-mft1710-17th-edition-multifunction-tester.html

http://www.tester.co.uk/fluke-1653b-multifunction-installation-tester

I I like the look of this looks nice and simple to use 

http://www.test4less.co.uk/electrical/multifunction-testers-instrument-kits/kewtech-kt63-free-clamp-cal-voucher-and-delivery.html

a freind of mine has offered me his MEGGER MFT 1552 but in honesty it looks rather hard to use.

any advice or help will be greatly appreciated 

Contact Megger Mark at ISSSWww....they are a forum sponsor and will,beat anyones prices

talk to Mark, Mike or Dan and mention this forum

cannot post a link as ipad has gone moody on me
 Thanks mate, I'll have a Google and check the website out 👌🏻

@Newchap,,, when you know which one you'd like give Mark a ring and say that you've be recommended him from this forum and he'll probably give you a bit of discount........IMHO you cannot beat the service that you'll get from ISSWWW

Remember.  Whichever one you buy you will wish you had bought the next model up!

dont just get one to suit your needs NOW as that may well change

me?

Fluke 1654b with full software and an Earth spike test kit.

all from Megger Mark at a silly price which would have been rude to refuse

never used the software yet.....but it was effectively free along with the spike kit

just saying

Thanks for the speedy replys everyone, just had a look on ISSWWW website and they are rather cheap compared to other websites I've been looking at ! 

I I have to say the fluke 1653b looks rather simple to use -even for a wally like me.

this may be a stupid question but what does the "software kit do" ? They have a good deal going which includes software and clamp metre.

Sorry for for the silly questions I've never tested before  but a NAPIT course in May to gain this knoweledge before I start domestic work (I come a industrial background where we've always had "testers" on hand so unfortunately never really had a need to test) 

Well..... If you think that the online prices are good then I can assure you that you'll be blown away when you give Mark a ring... It's hard to stress how good their prices are and how good their service is

As for the software pack.... I haven't a clue.. I like Meggers 

I had a Fluke many years ago and didn't get on too well with it so i reverted back to my Megger separates until i was persuaded to buy a TIS multifuncion tetser what a disaster blue screened and went back after 2 days but I'm sure they have got better. but having said that it does have some nice touches like a coloured LED display showing you where to connect your test leads. But now I'm running a Megger 1730 a grand bit of kit but i don't use the down load function or the software.

I bought a Seaward 1557 as a backup tester and am really impressed by it. For domestic work I now use it in preference to my 1653! 

Megger all the way fluke ok too T.I.S. look to much like a copy /clone

screen looks cool though

BUT software with all instruments i have found to be  lacking or flawed one way or another