My Favourite Phonecalls

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont see how they could ever fully fix the issues that are faced with DIY and incompetent lazy work. Obviously the powers that be will come up with another great idea which will cost us even more money while allowing cowboy bill to continue regardless.

I need to see this post when I am sober which at the moment I am not.

What I would say is there is no way any building control would accept a pir for a new build.

I will give a sober answer tommoro

As said in an earlier post you have also got registered sparks doing work not complying with current regs ie putting consumer units with a 30mA Rcd as main switch so whats the point of part p anyway.Batty
While GH is sobering up ;) ...

Bats - doesn't the consumer have some sort of safety net if something detrimental happened due to a spark's incompetence/negligence, from the scam provider though???

While GH is sobering up ;) ...Bats - doesn't the consumer have some sort of safety net if something detrimental happened due to a spark's incompetence/negligence, from the scam provider though???
yes, they have the option to take out a warranty with scam provider which will cover them for 6 (i think) years.

While GH is sobering up ;) ...Bats - doesn't the consumer have some sort of safety net if something detrimental happened due to a spark's incompetence/negligence, from the scam provider though???
With British standards if work is over

im supposed to inform anyone i do any part p work for (regardless of cost i think), there is a warranty option available for them. i have some PDF 'adverts', but unless Elecsa make an effort to send me some official info i can give to customer, then there not going to get many customer taking a warranty
its on the website,,,,,in the members area,,,,and its free

read it carefully and you will laugh on what it covers.....

im supposed to inform anyone i do any part p work for (regardless of cost i think), there is a warranty option available for them. i have some PDF 'adverts', but unless Elecsa make an effort to send me some official info i can give to customer, then there not going to get many customer taking a warranty
With my provider we can either give the warranty or give the option to buy it. I take the first option as it seems a lot less paperwork and I prefer to give it. I think it costs me about

i dont have any extra paperwork to fill out - all i have to do tell them there is a warranty available, and give them the PDF as attached earlier. but until elecsa send me some, then they wont be getting passed around

basically, unless its not installed to regs... so getting back to 'aimed more at if something installed correctly goes wrong'

Or do i need to go to sleep and answer properly tomorrow?

basically, unless its not installed to regs... so getting back to 'aimed more at if something installed correctly goes wrong'Or do i need to go to sleep and answer properly tomorrow?
My point really was if it's installed properly in the first place it doesn't guarentee the customer anything!

If ELECSA are confident in their members ability there won't be a claim!

basically, unless its not installed to regs... so getting back to 'aimed more at if something installed correctly goes wrong'Or do i need to go to sleep and answer properly tomorrow?
Well I must say you are tiring me out with your waffling about VAT and warrantys.

; \

My point really was if it's installed properly in the first place it doesn't guarentee the customer anything!If ELECSA are confident in their members ability there won't be a claim!
sorry, i thought what you had quoted was covered, just read PDF and its whats not covered. so yes, you are right