MyBuilder.com and similar sites - are they worth it

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Found the website MyBuilder.com the other day and thought "oh this seems good - may get some work" so signed up and started looking at quoting for a few jobs but they have now put a

They advertise you, and give you useless leads which bring no work.

That is my experiance, for others it may work.

Handy for pricing though....

Thats if they are genuine jobs of course!

i first started trading in january 2009 and at the time thought "my builder.com" and "rated people" would be a good way off generating income> I WAS WRONG! total waste of time and money. stick to what works best,papers yellow pages etc etc.

I got one job from Mybuilder / Myhammer (or whatever)

Waste of time, you can not ask the client a question without a monthly fee

Use local paper / yellow pages etc

My Builder hasn't produced anything for me... I can't see the point of being one in 19 quotes either :_|

However, Rated People has produced a steady stream of back up income for me, I do between 2 - 4 jobs a month, replace CU's new cooker circuits type of stuff, a comfortably

We've got business off ratedpeople.com and mybuilder.com . Although we've gotten more work off mybuilder, the process can be a bit long winded - you send the potential customer a message and wait for them to reply. Many never bother to even read the messages!

These days I just ask the person if they still require any more quotes. If they reply I go ahead and quote. The real sting is in the 5% commission in addition to the 40 quid quarterly subscription.

All things considered I've found the two sites and gumtree much better at driving traffic to our site than yell.com

We've got business off ratedpeople.com and mybuilder.com . Although we've gotten more work off mybuilder, the process can be a bit long winded - you send the potential customer a message and wait for them to reply. Many never bother to even read the messages!These days I just ask the person if they still require any more quotes. If they reply I go ahead and quote. The real sting is in the 5% commission in addition to the 40 quid quarterly subscription.

All things considered I've found the two sites and gumtree much better at driving traffic to our site than yell.com
Hello and welcome

I always find people pushing a company in their first post a little suspect.

1 word - :Spam

I hope you are a genuine member? Go and introduce yourself :|

Latest posts