Napit and frequency of assessments.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHippyDad

Reaction score
Morning everyone..

I have been registered with a scheme for around 12 years. My work is always good and never an issue.

I was moved over from Stroma to Napit around 3 - 4 years ago. Napit came out and assessed me as per usual for the first 2 years, but since Covid I have had no visits. This will be my 3rd year without a visit. I must say, I am absolutely not complaining. I just wondered if others were have less or no visits from Napit? Perhaps it's just for longer time members who have always passed?

They do still ensure I have all the up to date paperwork, but this is done remotely.

Section 5 of the Napit scheme rules would suggest it should be annually?
https://www.napit.org.uk/downloads/(NAP-REQ 010)-NAPIT-Installer-Scheme-Rules(04.24).pdf.

e.g. point 5.5:
Surveillance timings shall be as described in the relevant Scheme Documents (Annex A). Where surveillance timings are not defined in a Scheme Document it shall normally be via an annual programme where a planned surveillance date is fixed in relation to an annual certification date (itself the anniversary of original certification) such that surveillance takes place within a window of up to 4 months from the annual certification date.

I am not with Napit, but since my first assessment on 6 Feb 2006...
The longest gap pre Covid was approx 15months, between 16 December 2011 and 11 March 2013..
Then during Covid it was approx 19months, between 20 March 2020 and 28 October 2021..
(back in 2010 I had one in the January and another in December, only 11 months apart!!)

Other than that its been pretty regular 12 or 13month intervals..

I recall some talk quite a while ago about dropping them down to every two years, but I think there was some sort of enquiry into the operation of Part-P and all the scheme providers that didn't come back to favourable.. after which it all went quiet.