NAPIT assessment imminent!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilers

Reaction score
Just been notified that i have my NAPIT full scope assessment on wednesday can anyone offer some helpful advice thank you in advance for your posts

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the assessors require the Council cert? I have installed a new CU and short Radial as a utility socket, i applied for the fast track and got notification today. Will a further cert be required for the radial? Or can i cover this on the CU change cert ?

As long as you "Quality manual" and you paperwork is in order, what`s to worry about?

You know what you are doing, dont you? - so don`t be pushed around.

I have clearly stated before EVERY assessment that I`ve ever had that if the assessor wants to pick fault with my jobs he can bring his toolbox with him and show me how it should be done. :slap

Thats good then, do you have any experience with NAPIT with regards to the likely questions they will ask? This is a first for me but from reading other posts the assessment seems easy to get through i personally don't like assuming anything will be easy and like to prep as much as possible.

They want your money as much as you want to pass. You got all the publications needed. Elecsa send out a checklist so nothing can be missed.

Napit assessment is basically a token gesture to get your money

They normally ask to see your brb gn3 on-site guide risk assessments meter details and when it was calibrated and if there is a cert for that, usual stuff if you havnt got anything or are missing anything he wants to see he will advise you to download it from Napit site or say he expects to see it next year, so don't worry

Usually they base the assessment on a fictional install and ask general questions based on that, I.e Tncs installation, how would you measure pfc do you know the difference between ze & zs how would prove isolation can you demonstrate how to measure a ring final circuit what size bonding conductor would you use and why how would you test an rcd 1x 5x functional how quick should it trip can you give me a reason why a socket outlet wouldnt require to be rcd controlled basically boring stuff, he doesn't expect you to know absolutely everything about everything electrical and to be fair I've found them really helpful, mine checks all the local Bnq kitchen installations so I see him at least once a month and he's not this ogre coming to take the pith out of your workmanship(mine came to one install where the meter had been bypassed by persons unknown and he couldn't see how it had been done until I pointed it out and even then he wasn't sure until I got my meter out to show him):cool:

I've found the more you can confidently prove you know, the quicker he will see you know your stuff and be on his way

So don't lose sleep over it, after all your already losing

Well passed the full scope assessment today so well chuffed with that, what i found the hardest was explaining what i meant since many of the actions you carry out are just second nature, sometimes its harder to explain a process than just doing it, anyway thanks for the advice you were pretty spot on betty other than a booklet full of regs questions i think he was here for about 3 hours in the end hopefully quicker and cheaper next year :cool:

Yeah had that and a few on pfc and more than expected on regs i had to thumb out alot of them, but he seemed happy enough,

Well passed the full scope assessment today so well chuffed with that, what i found the hardest was explaining what i meant since many of the actions you carry out are just second nature, sometimes its harder to explain a process than just doing it, anyway thanks for the advice you were pretty spot on betty other than a booklet full of regs questions i think he was here for about 3 hours in the end hopefully quicker and cheaper next year :cool:
You will get the same assessment next year - but not the initial assessment fee.

Ply your assessor with endless cups of tea as soon as they get to your house then take them to a freezing cold rental property that has been drained down for the winter - once that bladder starts bursting they`ll be scrabbling at the door to get out and back to yours .... I still have fond memories of that assessment after 4 years .... ROTFWL

Latest posts