need and tester

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many fasttrack courses - you use their testers (which are provided) so quite a few people are qualified but havent got their own tester yet.My Megger MFT1552 does all the tests automatically (apart from IR) and also has the probe thingy with the test button on it. Havent used it tho. So dont need three hands with that tester either. :)

Cheers
its better than my 1552 as i have to push the test button for rcd test:)

Fluke 1652 all the way for - I like it. :D

Didn't like the fluke so ended up with the megger MFT1553.

Didn't like the fluke so ended up with the megger MFT1553.
Never mind mate, I/we won't hold that against you. ;)

Fluke 1652 all the way for - I like it. :D
+1

each to their own i suppose i couldnt get on with fluke either lol british megger all the way for me too Wet Fish
made in outer mongolia, put in a cardboard box in the UK maybe (like everything else these days unfotunately)

though going by their QA and quality maybe they are really british, (think BL)

Steps may ;)
Ive mellowed these days... :D

I use a fluke 1652 i think its great,easy to use bit of kit. I learnt with one all through my apprenticeship. I bought one of ebay for

Here are a couple of links to less expensive multifunction testers, the Dilog unit is made by Seaward and badged up.

There is a new Ideal tester just out which is competitive, it is in this months Professional electrician magazine. We have it stock but i don't have it on the site yet, it will be listed this week.
default_good%20luck.gif

http://isswww.co.uk/17th-Edition-Testers/Fluke/FLUKE-1651B-Fluke-1651B-The-everyday-tester-for-every-electrical/

http://isswww.co.uk/17th-Edition-Testers/Dilog/Dilog-9083P-17th-Edition-Multi-Function-Tester-with-free-CombiVo/

x five delta nwhat hire shops rent testing equipment,im in the same boat just passed the 2391 but cant afford to buy a tester at moment .So hiring would be sweet if someone could reccomend a hire shop for testing meters.

we do hire testers of all shapes and sizes from Single function testers to thermal imagers.

It does depend on what we have in stock though.

megger 1552 all the way. had nightmare stories of dire after sales servive from american owned fluke. keep it british with megger for excellent product and service. just had delivery of 1553 and well pleased.

megger 1552 all the way. had nightmare stories of dire after sales servive from american owned fluke. keep it british with megger for excellent product and service. just had delivery of 1553 and well pleased.
Shame they never helped me with the naff cm500 I brought.