new AM2 TEST

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You get a chart which tells you which type and size breakers for every circuit

just had my am2 today, i did the fault diagnosis and found 7 faults quite easily. i started my bay off, i have to finish it off tomorrow morning. The motor circuit; i got told by the examiner that i have to set an overload setting on the motor and i need the formula for this?? it has 0.63ohms written on the motor.

s plan heating was very easy just had to follow numbers.

It would have been 0.63kW not ohms.

Use this formula assuming unity power factor:

FLC = motor rating in watts (630) divided by 1.73 (root 3) x 400 (V) = 0.91

Set overload to 0.91A

I hope that helps

I have to finish my bay off tomorrow as well I have a motor which is 0.5kw I can't work it out even though you have showed me your formula if u could explain it would be a great help. Thanks

All information regading assessment will be available to candidates when first visit to centre. All candidates have to do is just follow the specification.

I sat my AM2 (new one) last week. I just got told that I failed the part of the installation called "Installation of protective Equipotential Bonding conductor(s)".

Obviously i'm gutted but I don't know where I went wrong.

I put the unbroken 10mm2 earthing to the water and gas pipes and earth clamped them.

I bonded the gland nuts for the armoured cable and I also bonded the SY cable gland nuts.

Please can anyone who has recently passed tell me what they did.

Thank you.

Ive just failed on the fault finding, anyone remember what faults they had and how to resolve them??

Sorry to hear that MattyS,

Welcome to the forum. :|

I sat my AM2 (new one) last week. I just got told that I failed the part of the installation called "Installation of protective Equipotential Bonding conductor(s)".Obviously i'm gutted but I don't know where I went wrong.

I put the unbroken 10mm2 earthing to the water and gas pipes and earth clamped them.

I bonded the gland nuts for the armoured cable and I also bonded the SY cable gland nuts.

Please can anyone who has recently passed tell me what they did.

Thank you.
Sorry to hear your failed mate, my Am2 is coming up in a few weeks.

On the Earth bonds at the Gas and Water, did you put the safety signs on?

In the spec does it tell you to use one continuous cable or do you run two seperate cables to each?

On the Motor SY Cable, how do you earth it? do you use the braid as an Earth or do you banjo both sides?

How do you wire the heating system? i have never ever seen one

also, when doing Insulation Resistance, do you connect the "supply and the load" together using connector blocks inside the starter and disconnect from the motor terminal box (to avoid windings)

No when doing insulation resistance, as you wwill only read upto the starter, as it isnt energised.

Just had a pre AM2 found it very helpful was also given a booklet with everything which is needed in the prac exam.

Just wanted to know what type of questions are given in the multiple exam I feel a bit in the dark as dont know what to brush up on

Hello I done my AM2 a few weeks ago everything is a piece of cake the hardest thing about it is the online test but its all sorts of questions really h&e safe iso I had a question what height should a firemans alarm be situated at and which way up should the off position be top or bottom but I'm guessing they can ask anything out of the BGB and on site guide and building regs I missed out by 4 questions and sadly failed it. I hope this has helped. Good luck mate

thanks

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:10 ----------

did u pass the rest of it mate

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:18 ----------

sorry to be a pest but was there any motors or transformer formulas havent done none of that for atleast 2 years lol thanks steve