new aquarium

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
original photo shows a 58L aquarium filled and planted etc, but i found it was getting a bit small for the fish so on my way home today i went and bought a new tank which is 98L twice the size basically, took a couple of hours to transfer filters and air pipes over but i think it looks really nice, took twice as long to fill using the garden hose pipe through the study window :^O :Applaud but it looks nice just let the fish settle now for a day or so :D

old tank 60cmX30cmX30cm

Image582.jpg

new tank 70cmX35cmX40cm

Image0102.jpg

Nice...

I had one a very similar size 30"x12"x15".... had to make a cabinet to support it!! ended up giving it all away a couple of years ago though:(

did you reuse the old water or is it all new??

the waters all new as there is no way to transfer from the old tank to the new, but ive put dechlorinator in to get rid of the chlroine in the water, its just like me doing a full water change every 3-4 weeks depending when the old one got to the stage a full clean down was required,

Hope you remembered to RCD the circuit. You know the rumour that water and that modern lectrickery stuff doesn't mix well. Could be some truth in it.

:coat

thought youd like to see the new skull with colour changing light placed in tank from earlier today, :)

Image0107.jpg

Image0106.jpg

Image0108.jpg

Image0110.jpg

the shop said it was the last one on the shelf and they had been very popular, im sure you can see why, oh ive placed the pipe in the mouth because it was actually meant to go through his head area but i just thought it would be different going through his mouth :)

Badge, leave some room in there for the fish to actually have a swim. ;)

hey thanks for the advice admin, and i thought they would prefer sitting on the bottom in the corner like a naughty school boy then :^O seriously tho, although a couple of extra ornaments have been placed in etc they actually have 1/2 as much water again as in the old tank even though it nearly twice the total size the ornaments and other odds and ends do take up a small amount of the water, but they both seem happy.

hey thanks for the advice admin, and i thought they would prefer sitting on the bottom in the corner like a naughty school boy then :^O seriously tho, although a couple of extra ornaments have been placed in etc they actually have 1/2 as much water again as in the old tank even though it nearly twice the total size the ornaments and other odds and ends do take up a small amount of the water, but they both seem happy.
Oh I don't know about that.... looks like you've got a dead one in there ROTFWL

ebay bargain........would never have been able to afford one otherwise. the auction was for everything in the pic, filter ornaments etc...all we had to buy was a heater as owner kept goldfish in it. and we bought a skull too from the range :)

ebay bargain........would never have been able to afford one otherwise. the auction was for everything in the pic, filter ornaments etc...all we had to buy was a heater as owner kept goldfish in it. and we bought a skull (admin) too from the range :)
ad2 thats not very nice talking bout admin like that :slap

Latest posts