New Automatic Storage Heater Not Hot Enough - Any Help Please?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stiebelstifle

Reaction score
Hello All,

We've recently had a 20 year old dead storage heater replaced with a shiny new one, which is the same size (2.55kw) but 'automatic'. We're having trouble getting it warm enough; having set input and output to 6 for 48hrs as advised we then turned it down to 4 & 1, but the room was only 15

I've spoken to them once but got a rather vague response, so was hoping to get some independant experience of similar heaters before going back to them. Am wishing I'd just got another manual one right now :(

I would suggest that if 3 is the input and its auto sensor you should try that at max and select output to 1 before going to bed.

It should then take a full charge over night. On 3 it may sense the air temperature and keep at the set level i.e 3.

The Auto type will adjust to ambient room temp. so as its not that cold overnight at the moment it will be automatically cutting back the heat stored. Just turn it up to max to try it out and it should override to some extent.

Thanks for the replies chaps; I'll crank it up to 6 for a day or two and let you know what happens.

Turn inpu up to highest setting for 48hrs. adjust output to comfortable temperature. If input is set too low it will not store enough heat to last the day.

Latest posts