new batteries just fitted but how to use them

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukjam

Reaction score
hi all ive been following threads about batteries for a while now and have taken the plunge and added them to my exsisting solar system. ive just had a lux 3.6 inverter and 9.6 of pylontech batteries at the moment there set to charge when the solars working but do people still set to charge overnight on there cheap tarrifs or wait till the winter

I set mine to charge on off peak and find that 04:30 to around 08:30 is covered by the battery for breakfast, showers, coffee etc. As the day progresses the battery recharges dependent on weather we run washing machine / dishwasher / charge EV's etc. We enter the evening time with a fully charged battery unless the weather isnt so good. Once it gets to 00:30 off peak charging starts again. Obviously if it's been a bad day or heavy loads during the evening the battery will be in a low SOC if it's been a good day it will be in a high SOC and therefore not take as much to top up.
I would suggest you charge off peak every night up to 90%