Octopus Flux Battery Charging strategy

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they police it and I don't think they can tell whether you are using Go to charge an EV or home battery.
They don't police it on the Go Tarrif but they were making a right fuss when I wanted to move to the Intelligent Tariff....

Anyone on the intelligent tariff without an Ohme Charger or approved car ???

I've just checked the flux rates and I still dont see it (I'm maybe being thick or not in the real world according to murdoch). The Flux rates are:
You're missing it somewhere along the way, Octopus watch tells me my electric bill for the last four months is -£600, so after all the electric I've drawn from the grid, and then exported including excess generation Octopus have paid me £600, my bills are negative.

I import 21.5kWh every day between 2am and 5am, this brings my battery to about 80% and includes house loads for those three hours. From 5am we run off battery until the sun comes up, then then the battery charges, and once full all excess is exported.

Come 4pm I aim to discharge the battery at a constant 5kW, if there is excess solar then this is also exported. We export at least 18kWh at peak, the system stops exporting when the battery hits 45% SOC which is usually just before 7pm, or at 7pm if not down to 45%

This will change come winter and I may change to another tariff, but so far Flux has worked very well for us, but we do have 8.75kW of panels (I may add more) and 29kWh of battery, and I can charge if so desired at 8kW, its currently set at about 6kW

I do believe they can tell with intelligent though. Is that right?

I am intending to invest in a solar powered, low energy but high efficiency external telescopic natural air drying system with a rotating spinner.

... so far Flux has worked very well for us, but we do have 8.75kW of panels (I may add more) and 29kWh of battery, and I can charge if so desired at 8kW, its currently set at about 6kW

Hi Ronski,
was reading back through a few older threads and noticed this point. Just curious how you control the battery chargeup rate, if you have time to share, is it part of the victron's settings? Thnx

We do the same thing on Octopus Flux with our Foxess inverter. On the app we click on ‘Battery Status’ and then set a time to Enable Charge from Grid’. This means that we start to export a lot sooner. As we’re retired we eat our cooked meal before 4pm so we don’t import much at peak time and in the longer days we benefit from bigger export payments.

Hi Ronski,
was reading back through a few older threads and noticed this point. Just curious how you control the battery chargeup rate, if you have time to share, is it part of the victron's settings? Thnx
Sorry for the late reply, it's as per the above post, or can be done in the inverter setup. If you wanted to change the current on the fly, I would think it can be done from Node Red.

I've been using the full 140 Amps over winter, which is only 0.25c for my batteries, so no need to reduce charge rate, it reduces naturally anyway once they start to get full.

Latest posts