New Byb Clangers.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the doctor

Part P Doctor ™
Reaction score
Hello All,

I know I should not scoff but while working through the new BYB I note that I have spotted a first howler....

1)  table 41.3 on page 58 --- they have repeated a line for c type breakers in the d type section.

More to follow I am sure :innocent

alan

Kerch,

That screenshot contains different information to the one that I have just taken attached.

attachicon.gif
1.gif
Mmmmmm

Give us a few hours i am just waiting for the page to load 41.3 again

Mmmmmm

Possibly MY mistake.....i think i may have slipped into a parallel dimension and via their shite search system ended up on the green version!

However, i got this.......image.jpg

Here's a thought

I know the above cook up is only a repetition of another line...admittedly with 0.4s. And 5s thrown in as a Brucie Bonus

What would be the situation if there was an error in the tables and in good faith you used the erroneous value for Zs on a inspection, cert, test whatever. Later on some damaged/injury occurred due to you using the values in the BYB and the OCPD did not open in time AND the faeces impinged upon the rotating swirly thing?

After all you did it to what the book said!

Just wondering

All takes the piss i think. Just tell them you want your money back as goods were faulty. They might, [but i doubt it] try to say the sale of goods act does not apply. Just tell them you will go to to the newspapers.

Oooooooo, better idea!!!! inform the HSE and tell them that if you followed the "advice" in the regs, that someone could be killed!!!!!! Yes!!!! what an idea that is!!!! Remember now, the publishers of the book owe a "duty of care".....

Go on.... One of you do it.....

john..

I have been offered a refund, trouble is I need access to the damn information!

Kerch,

I have reported that error already weeks ago, no change yet!

Latest posts