New Regs.2015

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave2

Reaction score
Just reading PE mag for November and was intrigued about the new spec for consumer units (fire resistance).

Anyway, It comes into effect in January, we have 6 months to comply and the manufacturers have another 6 months to get stocks up to level.

I laugh.

The manufacturers have an extra 6 months to get rid of existing stock!

Seems a bit daft installing boards for the next 14 months knowing full well some will not comply with amendment 3.

Just having a rant.

PE is saying they removed the not readily combustible part from the wording, but with the prats at the IET it could change 50 more times before they stick it in the "new" book incorrectly.

The product standard has already changed.

So once that comes into effect, all CU's will be up to the 960 deg glow wire rating.

As far as the final version goes, I will try to find out more in a couple of weeks, but, it is not due to be signed off by the JPEL64 chair until the middle of Nov.

No one is supposed to have access to any versions prior to the publishing date, so I have been told.

PE is saying they removed the not readily combustible part from the wording, but with the prats at the IET it could change 50 more times before they stick it in the "new" book incorrectly.
The regs are littered with ambigiuous regs, so why would they want to improve matters.

I think they should delay introducing the newxt update until The Plain English Society have had had time to review the documents and recommend and proof read the changes!

Everyone is saying they know whats in the yellow book of dreams already. I'm sick of being spammed to death with it.

@ Dave2 I imagine This reg is going to be a bit like the Dual RCD issue a bit make do until B&Q say its ok & they have rid themselves of flammable enclosures :(

@ Murdoch Your never gonna get that :slap  Im sure it would help a great deal but I'm sure future updates will deal with that sort of thing?? ;)

@ Sidewinder These people must have crystal balls or be putting all their chips on red? can you not have a word and get them to change something else last minute and upset all these companies cashing in on something that is supposedly not finished yet??

Just..... laughing my head off until I have to get my money out!

:slap

Latest posts