New Safety Gloves and New IEE Wiring Regs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkydave123

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or used Easy Off Gloves? I just bought some off Amazon and just wondered if anyone else has them and are they worth the price? These were for myself but am soon buying some tougher gloves for my employee's and these look suitable plus have a finger retracting feature I haven't seen before, which could be beneficial.

Also does anyone know of a cheap alternative to get the new IEE wiring regulations (green)? I can only find it for

Has anyone heard of or used Easy Off Gloves? I just bought some off Amazon and just wondered if anyone else has them and are they worth the price? These were for myself but am soon buying some tougher gloves for my employee's and these look suitable plus have a finger retracting feature I haven't seen before, which could be beneficial. Also does anyone know of a cheap alternative to get the new IEE wiring regulations (green)? I can only find it for

Has anyone heard of or used Easy Off Gloves? I just bought some off Amazon and just wondered if anyone else has them and are they worth the price? These were for myself but am soon buying some tougher gloves for my employee's and these look suitable plus have a finger retracting feature I haven't seen before, which could be beneficial. Also does anyone know of a cheap alternative to get the new IEE wiring regulations (green)? I can only find it for

Sell your old one NOW on ebay.

It WILL have some value now as not everybody knows about the amendment.

Wait until the amendment is in force and I agree it probably won't have any value.

YOU feel agrieved???! I think that goes for everyone on here that has been doing the job for 3 years or more!!!! FFS its a total rip-off....not as bad as BS5839 1 and 6!!!!!!!!!!!! though.......sorry, rant finishes!............... :coat
you for real?????????

try throwing out in excess of 100quid a year (Im sure it will average at more than that) for all the books and sh17 you need to do this correctly,

plus exam and update fees,

I reckon on at least one occassion I have burnt at least a grand just on books and carp that told me what I already knew just because some guy in a tie wanted to make sure I could read.!!!

:|

:C

Now I sometimes think I am the only one who isn't moaning when amendments etc.. come out.....

Why is it electricians think they are the ONLY trade that has to update their standards, qualifications, documentations.. etc.. etc.. on a 3 or 4 + year cycle?

Loads of other professions/trades have updates they have to comply with....

Any business that doesn't allow for these cost is a bit naive to say the least!!!

as any sensible trades person will have had these costs built into their normal job costs over several years...

Consider...

Previous amendment effective 2008.

New amendment effective 2012.

2012 - 2008 = 4 years..

lets call it 3 years for the sake of argument..

Assume we are doing 1 job per week for 40 weeks of the year..

sparkyrj,

This is news to me!

Almost every page in the green book is different to the red book.

When I spoke to the IET there was no mention of any amendments only being offered.

Anyway there would be so many changes that you would be roughly doubling the size of the red book unless you ripped the old pages out and then the page breaks and things would be different as would the page numbering and the index.

I just can't see where you got that gem from sorry.

They used to offer the amendments on their web site as downloads that you could print them off and put in the book ,or keep in a file etc.When the 16th edition bs7671 came out there was already an amendment as it went on sale.

sparky,

You are talking about corrigendum's, i.e. corrections to printing areas.

This is a new edition of the standard it is ONLY available in the form of the new bgb.

No , really when the blue book was current you could get the amendments for free from the IEE website . This may well have stopped these days, I don't really know.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

there are too many changed between BRB & BGB for it to be practical. but i do remember some changes being available for download for the blue book, but not sure exactly what they were

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:35 ----------

found it

7671:2001 (2004) amendment dowload

Latest posts