New sign writing :-)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkayelectrical

Reaction score
Vans just got back looks quite good I think

cf1567d2.jpg

8136b23a.jpg

L

NIce mate - But would look better with a forum sticker on there too. :)

Personally speaking mate, You should have put a lindline phone number on there too.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
He has to use the keywords that a customer would use, Zee.

He has to use the keywords that a customer would use, Zee.
Exactly if I said pa testing to a customer they would be like what!

Re landline I have one on website and cards but where I some times don't get home till 9pm its too late to call them back!

I have a landline on my cards and will put it on the van too, along with mobile,.

Landline never gets answered, but rogue traders etc are always telling Joe public to avoid traders that dont have a landline shown.

Not putting a landline makes you look more like a pikey

That said, if you can't get one for whatever reason then get a free geographic SIP number and some frre SIP software and you an pick them up on your mobile. If you can't answer the call then it'll go to voice mail and then be emailed to you:)

I personally don't like people ringing me on my mobile when I'm working unless its an emergency. I prefer to ring people in the evening when I have finished work.

I don't use my home phone number for the business incoming calls, only the mobile

I have too many clients that would abuse it IMHO.

I do use it for outgoing, and a few "special" clients whom I trust and feel that it is better for the both of us.

Most of my clients don't care that I only use the mobile, in fact they appreciate that they get ME, rather than the "office" as they are normally in a breakdown situation.

SW - isn't it a pain trying to get on with work and have your mobile keep going off? I hate that. Even if you ignore it and send it to answer phone I am itching to listen to see who it is a what they want.

No mate I "manage" it, volume/silent/in the van depending on what I am doing.

See my post on client "priorities"!

If the name comes up I call screen it, if it does not I often forward it to voicemail.

IF it comes up "unknown" I normally answer it as one of my biggest clients landlines come up as unknown.

In fact I took a call today from them whilst driving totally hands free through the van sound system and got 1/2 a days work from it at least!

I have to say the 'Parrot' handsfree is fantastic. I often have people to ring and I will dial the number as I leave the surgery and talk to them as I drive around. So much nicer than getting back to the surgery at 5pm with half a dozen phonecalls to make

Sidewinder, you answered one of my calls during a wedding reception and I have never paid on time supplied biscuits or bought you a coffee, so I must be special.

A landline is good, and defo more interest from having one on websites etc.... Can't comment on van front cos as much as I'd like to sign write its an invitation to tw@s to have a pop at getting their hands on my stuff..... Lots of people say my van looks like a private ambulance!!! Perfect! That'll do me! It's a black merc vito new shape and I have to agree it does have an undertaker look but hey if it keeps the dead bodies inside it then I dote care!!!!

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:30 ----------

Was it cold in the ground this morning is a phrase I often here !!!

Mine looks like an ambulance too. Same effin colour ffs. No signwriting either due to inviting pikies to my stock/tools. Sad as it sounds I dress it up to look like a painter/decorators van not leaving any cable/sleeving etc on show. Just roller trays and dust sheets. Might not help but can only hope. Still got tools covered 24/7 just in case:)

Latest posts