Newlec NLSH Storage Heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red40

Reaction score
Hello, for my sins I work for a local authority, I know :coat

Anyway I am looking to see if any kind soul could provide any technical data on some rather old (ish) Newlec storage heaters connected to economy 7.

I have just had a number of energy performance certs done on a converted block of flats, and one of the 'recommendations' is to upgrade the heaters due to them being to small for the relevant rooms. I have looked at them and they do seem rather small. I have worked out the heat loss calcs and found the required heat outputs, however the storage heaters have no info on them apart from the name and model.

So can anybody assist in providing heat input, output, kW/h, charge times, etc for the heaters below?

Newlec NLSH12A, NLSH18A and NLSH24A

Any help on data or who now manufacturers them would be a huge help.

Regards

Red

Hello, for my sins I work for a local authority, I know :coat Anyway I am looking to see if any kind soul could provide any technical data on some rather old (ish) Newlec storage heaters connected to economy 7.

I have just had a number of energy performance certs done on a converted block of flats, and one of the 'recommendations' is to upgrade the heaters due to them being to small for the relevant rooms. I have looked at them and they do seem rather small. I have worked out the heat loss calcs and found the required heat outputs, however the storage heaters have no info on them apart from the name and model.

So can anybody assist in providing heat input, output, kW/h, charge times, etc for the heaters below?

Newlec NLSH12A, NLSH18A and NLSH24A

Any help on data or who now manufacturers them would be a huge help.

Regards

Red
:)

12A will be 1.7 kw

18A will be 2.55 kw

24A will be 3.44 kw

Check out the new ones of the same size and get the equivalent info from those. All they are is an element that warms up bricks. Some have 2 elements others have three or four.

Could anyone tell me where I would get a replacement element for the Newlec Storage Heater NLSH12A?

Thanks