NIC Inspection Thursday

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now officially starting to brick it. Want to get my certs looking good and wondered if I am ok to use some 'Green' EIC's which are apparently for 'non-registered' contractors. Not sure where I stand as the EIC still has a space on it for registration number which is confusing me.

Sorry, I can't help you - But Good Luck with your NICEIC (NIC) Annual Assessment. (Or soon will be an annual assessment).

:D

Now officially starting to brick it. Want to get my certs looking good and wondered if I am ok to use some 'Green' EIC's which are apparently for 'non-registered' contractors. Not sure where I stand as the EIC still has a space on it for registration number which is confusing me.
yeah just use the green certs. it'll gain you some browny points before you start.

wayne

But what do I put in on the green cert where it asks for registration number? It says next to it that it is essential info
on my green certs theres nowhere it to write reg number (not what i can see anyway) where it on yours and which page?

its not on mine mate. just put a line through it and/or explain to assesor that you couldnt fill it in as you were not a member well until thursday afternoon hopefully.

Ok, cheers. Will do. Are yours paper based? These are computer generated. I have Blue forms (Napit), Red (NIC Approved Cont), Purple (NIC Dom Inst) and Green (Non-Reg cont)

I have the membership number on my green certs, just put my elecsa number in. I wouldn't worry about it mate. When you get registered you can put your number in or use NIC papers.

i had mine not long back its not all that bad.

i used nic green certs for major and ethos for minor,

there is a good thread on here about inspection day.

bondings a big one for them, safe working practice,

make sure u teasted all your work, your results should be there bouts the same when u go through it with the inspector, i had a few empty spaces on my cert that i asked him about cus i was not sure what to put in

Had my annual inspection with niceic, not long ago (just about a month ago now). Found the assessor was helpful, open to any questions and full of advice. He stated they weren't bothered about whose certs you used. They were more interested in the work I'd done, how I tested etc and most important was I safe whilst testing. He also wanted me to explain what I was expecting in my test results and why. He also stated its not really a pass or fail as such unless you do something dangerous, the worst would be that there would have to be a re-assessment with the associated costs.

Good luck for Thursday

Just put N/A in the box if you want, otherwise leave it blank!
It says somewhere all boxes should be filled, even if it's N/A. Nothing should be left blank.

Indeed Gents - N/A or a Straight Line through Horizontally - I do (Practice certs with me though).

Handy tip from my 2392 Lecturer. Most people put a line through from bottom left to top right. He said that this can be mistakenly taken (or altered) for a 'tick'. (forward slash).

On a strike through (line) go from top left to bottom right. (trailing Slash).

I must say though that my 2392 Lecturer (he also does the 2391) knows his onions and is an Ex-Spark, Domestic, Commercial & Industrial, and has years of experience. (He was mainly Industrial, I believe).

And It is a pleasure being taught by such a knowledgeable Gent.

:D

Concur with Admin on that - although the only generally accepted entries for a box are a numerical or alphanumeric result, a tick, a cross, a "N/A" or a "lim"!

Cirrus - don`t worry. Cert type doesn`t matter- its the results of the tests he`ll be more interested in.

Ensore you have up to date meter testign & verification proceedure, and your health & safety policy, public liability, copies of all standards you will be working to

e.g. 7671, 5839-6? part "P",

Don`t know if it is the same for DI, but I also have to have either GN3 or the technical manual.

Good luck -just do it by the book. He`s there to help, not hinder.

Thanks guys. Got all paperwork sorted, it is just last minute nerves. I am a bit confused now though because several sparks have said that when testing a ring final cct that after cont of conductors I should cross connect Line - Neutral conductors, take readings but not enter them and then proceed on to cross connect Line - Earth for R1+R2 reading. Will the assessor be expecting me to do the L-N cross connection too?

Latest posts