NICEIC Assessment being cancelled/ re-scheduled

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switch10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi all, just thought id say i have made a decision to ring tomorrow to try and re-schedule my niceiec assessment, otherwise cancel it.. few reasons for this decision which i hope you agree are for the best.

1. after losing so much stuff following the break in of my van, megger etc, paperwork, reference books etc etc im struggling to get my head together.

2. my father passed away a couple of years ago, whilst undergoing what was supposed to be a routine op, the hospital have admitted in the last few weeks, clinical negligence, etc etc. (weve had solicitors looking at this since he died), therefore since admitting this i cant get it out my head that he should still be here, he was only 47 years old.

all being said and done, i cant concentrate on nothing at the moment, so i think its for the best.

in the new year hopefully i will be having a better time and be able to get my head back into the job and re book, weather i re book with the niceiec is another thing though,

they could have been a bit more helpful when you contacted them before. maybe tell them that if they dont re-schedule you will go elsewhere when your ready for assessment again?

yeah thats my feelings towards it, dont get me wrong i know what im doing, but my head is so over the place, i need a break from everything. cant sleep, living on redbull and pro plus lol... yeah will definately be telling them i will go elsewhere, i know i have to pay

from what you say I think your right to cancel/reschedule your assessment. I think if I was in your position I'd do the same. The assessments bring their own stress and it sounds like you've enough of that already. Hope things start to go right for you

cheers mikel, yeah i think ive definately made the right decision, like you say assessments bring there own stress. and all that keeps going through my mind is my dad should still be here, i know it was a few years ago, however as it has only been in last 2 weeks hospital admitted negligence, its brought everything back to the surface and i havent slept more than 3 hours since thursday night. just so drained .. so this is one less thing for me to deal with.

cheers

yeah thats my feelings towards it, dont get me wrong i know what im doing, but my head is so over the place, i need a break from everything. cant sleep, living on redbull and pro plus lol... yeah will definately be telling them i will go elsewhere, i know i have to pay

You have had a bad time. with the van break in and stolen goods its the one thing that has pushed you over the edge.

The only thing I and fellow members can give is moral support.

However things get, and they can not get any worse for you at this moment, things do get better, you learn to cope with all this hassle and rise above it.

I know for sure your dad would not want you to quit, I think he would be very proud of you if you did well, I know this because all fathers would.

You are in no fit state to do an assessment at this time, but it is not the end of the world.

I would write a letter stating just what you have posted for us and ask for some compassion to waive any late cancellation fee, I for one would write on your behalf, or I would not renew my registration with an organisation that did not or could not see any compassion.

I know your feeling at your lowest just now, but your friends here will not turn their backs on you and will be here to offer any help and support that we can.

Probably a wise decision switch10, assessments even for the most organised can be a very nerve racking time and I would think you have more than enough on your plate at the moment. No good over stressing an already stressful situation.

Doc H.

Agree with my colleagues above..

Hope you get things sorted M8 without too much more agro!

If it were me...

Think I would reschedule, agree to pay the penalty as you are following their T&C's

But ask again on the phone if the fee can be waived..

(take the name of who you spoke to)

If they still say no I would write to the top man explain your situation..

see if he can do anything?

(Captn J Spiers) BUT also address it to the new group name..

not the NICEIC name...

http://www.ascertiva.com/about-us/management

These sort of bods like to be addressed by their full title to their proper work address....

In fact...

I shall go off and draft a letter wot I would write and PM it to you...

actually....

probably no harm sticking it on the open forum...

no real legal issues to worry about...

I will be back...

:x :C

HERE YOU GO:-

I would write somthing like this....

I think! :x :Salute:Blushing

*****date up here****

****your name & address

Mr J Speirs, Executive Chairman Ascertiva Group

Warwick House

Houghton Hall Park

Houghton Regis

Dunstable

Bedfordshire

LU5 5ZX

Dear Mr Spires

RE: Assessment visit for NICEIC membership.

I have been placed in the situation of having to cancel my NICEIC assessment appointment at very short notice. Although I fully appreciate and agree your terms & conditions that a payment is required for short notice cancellations. I would ask if there are any grounds for a little lenience with this payment rule due to completely unforeseen circumstances.

I have telephoned your offices on (DATE) and spoke to (NAME) to discuss rescheduling my appointment, obviously they advise they have no power to waive any penalty fees. Please could you consider my case to see if there are any other solutions to this situation. key points as follows:-

many thanks to all of the above posts and definately for a draft letter, i will be speaking with them this morning and will let you know what they have said.

im then going to concentrate on my family etc for a short while, while taking a couple of weeks out. i will keep popping on here, just need some time away from work to get myself together. i appreictae all the comments abaove and thank everyone for there kind words. the post wasnt aimed at seeking attention but its a truthfull acccount of whats going on in my life to try and make people understand why i have to cancel my assessment.

Switch10 I can only echo what others have already said mate.

Hope you do drop in here if only for a little support in these hard times for you.

I have just got off the phone from the NICEIC and they have re scheduled my assessment , should have a new date through and assessment should be approx 6 weeks time. Should give me time to sort out rest of stolen items and also get my head together away from the whole hospital thing with my dad.

Once again many thanks for all the kind words, they have not gone un recognised

I have just got off the phone from the NICEIC and they have re scheduled my assessment , should have a new date through and assessment should be approx 6 weeks time. Should give me time to sort out rest of stolen items and also get my head together away from the whole hospital thing with my dad. Once again many thanks for all the kind words, they have not gone un recognised
That's good to hear, but did they waive (or reduce) the fee?

Nb fee what so ever, just noted reasons and said there's no fee to be paid and will send me out a new date
GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

yeah definately a relief, im starting to get things together slowly, been nice to have a couple of days to myself, no work, phone on silent and just generally pottering about with a few things