NiCEIC DI Assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening

I have just applied for membership of NICEIC Domestic Installer, could anyone let me know what i need for my assessment,

I currently have

Bs7671

On site guide

Approved document p

Guidance on eawr

Calibration cert

PL insurance

Am i missing anything, trying to get everything organised, havn't got assessment date through yet though

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, got my information pack in the post today.

Can one of the two assessment jobs be done in my own home? I have a db change at a customers house, could the second be an additional socket, (designated socket for calibration use on RCBO )

Last edited by a moderator:
5 minutes away, thanks Andy

In the paperwork it says that the first installation address is where the assessor will meet me, do i need to take all of my paperwork with me or will he go through it at my house after the assessment

why dont you make the 1st address your house?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:07 ----------

then you can take him to the job, and back to yours for a cuppa and a chat,

Im not sure about DI, but AC you are expected to provide transport for the assessor.

NICEIC assessor has just rang asking if he can book me in for the 7 March as he has had a cancellation.

Was hoping i wouldnt have to wait too long, hopefully will have enough preparation time now thoughD

You've nothing to worry about, they don't care if you're really competent/qualified

What does "Dook me in" mean? If the D was a slip on the keyboard then only F or S are either side of the D key! :slap

BTW good luck with your assessment :) I'm sure you'll be ok!

mmmm, Robin, you obviously use windoze,

they are the only people that seem to think everyone else conforms to their version of 'normal'

lots of keyboards are set out different from the standard english QWERTY ,

even Android phones give you a choice of which keyboard layout you want, one of them being ABC ... among others...

mmmm, Robin, you obviously use windoze,they are the only people that seem to think everyone else conforms to their version of 'normal'

lots of keyboards are set out different from the standard english QWERTY ,

even Android phones give you a choice of which keyboard layout you want, one of them being ABC ... among others...
I once new a dippy female who tried prising the keys off her qwerty keyboard with the idea of placing them back in alphabetical order :slap

Well just over 12 hours to go, going to have an hour or so in the morning with my head in the BGB, any suggestions on the most likely questions he will ask me?

Paperwork all ready, just need to make sure there is a few biccies left!

They'll want to see you carry out all the tests (spread over your jobs),,, safe isolation is a big thing along with not leaving the covers off any accessories while you are not working on them.

Questions that they might ask will be disconnection times of MCBs and also RCDs, remember 61008 & 61009 RCDs and RCBOs have a disconnection time of 300ms a 1x

Also remember that they are not there to catch you out and the BRB BGB is always at hand

one tip,

DO NOT try and bull **** him (or her)

they will know straight away, if you dont know then look it up, as long as you know where to find the answer they are fine with that,

no-one, and that includes our all seeing regs eye in here, knows ALL the regs, if in doubt talk to the man and explain it, then look up the definitive answer, as definitive as the regs get anyway.

oh, and ignore Noz with his red book, that will get you failed, :slap

make sure you have yours coloured in green by the time he gets there. ;)

Latest posts