NICEIC DI passed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky999

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The company i work for asked me if i wanted to be a qualified supervisor for the nic assesment i said that would be no problem.

So yesterday i had the nerves set in and had my assesment i was dreading it all day and few days previous as well.

Me and the assesor had a good chat before hand and all through out, and those words at the end that i had passed were brilliant i was really pleased yesterday and all the hard work i have done over the years has paid off.

Just need to wait for the cert to come through and the boss can start advertising that we are niceic registered and then maybe more work will come in we have got some council jobs in the pipe line so that is a good start, i think this is the main reason the boss decided to join.

Very well done Sparky999 , I hope you get a nice pay rise as well . :Applaud :Applaud:Applaud

Time to relax now GuinnessGuinness

Well done, now make sure you get a pay rise. Steptoe is the QS for his company, he will have some very useful advise and will point out all the pitfalls of being the QS for a company. There is a very serious responsibility involved and you along with the company directors will be liable. make sure you do your job well and make sure your company knows from the outset that you do things by the book or not at all.

Very well done Sparky999 , I hope you get a nice pay rise as well . :Applaud :Applaud:ApplaudTime to relax now GuinnessGuinness
Yes mate it was sorted last week so i had a pay rise and the boss said if you dont pass ill knock it back down so not to much pressure leading into it :)

Yeah ill have a few beers at the weekend i think i deserve them.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:39 ----------

Well done, now make sure you get a pay rise. Steptoe is the QS for his company, he will have some very useful advise and will point out all the pitfalls of being the QS for a company. There is a very serious responsibility involved and you along with the company directors will be liable. make sure you do your job well and make sure your company knows from the outset that you do things by the book or not at all.
Yeah cheers for those words manator, i hope steptoe does give some advise that would be good. Ill be having a good word with them when we fully start off. cheers

well done sparky999, Manator is correct, I'm a NICEIC AC QS and , yes, there can be quite a few pitfalls in this position , especially if you were previously just 'one of the lads' .

PM me if you need to ask anything that you think I might be able to help you with.

one thing,

keep on top of the paperwork,

and,

default_good%20luck.gif

I'm a QS too, KME is a QS too, thing is it's a bit of a misnomer, as I am only one, as is he really!

I would not envy someone holding the position in a company with several sparks and signing off their work, as you could get caught out, unless you were also the boss, as you could then write "things" into their contracts.

Well done & good luck, I hope you do well and are OK, remember what the initials stand for...

You now also have some AUTHORITY over the "lads" if the boss don't like it TOUGH!

Be nice but firm.

well put sidewinder,

sparky, Im not sure how many people 'manage' or are 'directors' in the firm you work for, or if you have a 'manager' , the thing to remember is you are only answerable to one person in the firm from now on.

someone in the firm, most likely an MD will be a 'duty holder' ,

that is the one and only person you have to be accountable to, and if you have a greivance about signing off any work then simply ask him if he will sign it off then?

He is able to do so under NIC rules,

bet he wont though,

think about it, he will know if you refuse to sanction it then why should he put himself in the firing line.?

but, at the same time, dont be a dictator,

firm but fair, check up on the guys regularly, small issues can be pointed out the first couple of times, 3rd time it gets done all over again.!

Cheers for those words steptoe, it just my boss and two other collegues so I won't have to much to look around where as some companies could have a fair few bods on board.

so how come your boss didnt put himself forward?

but, good place to start riggy, very hands on from the word go,

remember though to always allow yourself enough time for the paperwork side,

dont just think I'll do it at the weekend/friday afternoon,

it will soon pile up and become the bane of your life and you will get all bitter and twisted over it,

just ask Deke.

I think the boss is winding up soon so maybe thought to give me a chance. Haha deke's a top bloke, but I will try and keep up to date with all work.

well sparky, just think of it as at least he trusts you enough to keep his firm/name good.

deke is an old fart.! dont let him forget that.!

just keep an eye on the paperwork,

I know you may think I keep repeating myself,

give it a month and you will soon know why.! :D

Congrats to you, well done - it takes certain types of people to stand up and be counted making sure standards don't drop and to make tough decisions. I am sure you will do well in the new position.