now with NICEIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for the first few years I used to worry and then we had finished I had a banging headache where the brain was overworked.

However these days having been a member for 26 years it's no different to any other day, just a chat, my normal moan about the industry, the fact that every year they find something that requires us to spend more money and my general disappointment with the trade in general.

But it's not all bad, I've had a good living from it so far.

Many a time my Assessor has glazed over on one of my jobs!,,,,,I can only take him to 'what I do'........... :coat
What ...do they fit windows too !!!?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:44 ----------

Well for the first few years I used to worry and then we had finished I had a banging headache where the brain was overworked.However these days having been a member for 26 years it's no different to any other day, just a chat, my normal moan about the industry, the fact that every year they find something that requires us to spend more money and my general disappointment with the trade in general.

But it's not all bad, I've had a good living from it so far.
I think that just about sums it up there Steve.

`1

this guy was so easy going.....first job, minor works, a socket spured from ring, he looked at the socket and said 'what cable did you use' i said '2.5, no need for fcu as only one socket' ah thats fine he said, wheres the next job. did not even show him cert for the job lolhe also said he books 3 assesments in a day, was with me by 8:20 gone by 10:30 after going through paper work and 2 jobs so not sure why the charge me for half day...not that im complaning, the less time he looks at my work the better lol
Not being funny here Paul but do you think that really is adequate amount of time to show what your work is like. I am sure you will be a great sparks but to me if this assessor is getting three in a day he can't be doing his job correctly.

Batty, i totally agree with you. Its not enough time and not even really looking at one job is a bit baffling to be honest. Whilst i am confident and competent in what i done he should have spent more time...not that im complaining!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as everything these days, and by this I mean no disrespect to you Paul, but everything is about MONEY, quality comes second, sometimes even third after an early finish!

I understand what you guys are saying..and would agree. I was really surprised at how easy it was to become a registered spark. Its radicals really that after 4 weeks some one could be let loose on 3ph !!

Having said this...i do take pride in my work and always work to the regs. I do the best poss job i can and if unsure on something i seek advice (thanks chaps).

Same as sparkies getting through 6 Eicr's in a day I suppose ??!!

My assessors always seem to be in a rush to shoot off to the next job

I don't mind that much though

Latest posts