NVQ 3 Completion?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james-spark

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm fairly new to this so here goes;

I'm Just looking for some advice on completing my training, I have achieved my city and guilds level 2 & 3 and am now looking to complete the nvq 3, I have been told I need to build a portfolio of different jobs and some NVQ paper work to complete this qualification,

I am however finding it difficult to find an electrician/company with enough work to take on a permanent mate/Apprentice,

After doing some research on the net and from some colleges i'v found out I can register as self employed and sub my self out as an electricians mate to complete this? This way the company doesnt have to pay any costs and i still get the experience and get to finish my portfolio, could any body verify this?

Also Would there be any body about at the moment looking for an extra pair of hands on odd jobs around the Milton Keynes/ bucks Area, I have my own transport and a variety of tools and would be glad of any experience,

Thank you

James

Hi mate. I'm just a little bit further down the line than you actually. Finished my Level 3 in May. Registered self-employed and have been subbing on a site since July. My NVQ assessor came to see me a few weeks ago and went through the paperwork with me. Turns out I've done enough on that site, and on private domestic jobs I've done with a mate of mine, to complete about two thirds of my portfolio. The drawback is I'm only on