Nvq Level 3 Help. Please :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavindrummond

Reaction score
I've just started my NVQ level 3. My assessor from collage has emailed me over the booklet and logbook. I'm currently working on a factory install. The thing is its not written up very clearly, you don't really know what's being asked from you and how to write it up correctly. I've taken loads of photographic evidence ready for it.

Here is the first question.

Unit 301

Outcome 1

Assessment Criteria

Understanding Health and Safety legislation, practices and procedures (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment) (ELTK 01)

Understand how relevant Health and Safety legislation applies in the workplace

The learner can:

1. specify their own roles and responsibilities and those of others with regard to current

relevant legislation

2. specify particular Health and Safety risks which may be present and the requirements of current health and safety legislation for the range of electrotechnical work operations.

Range

Relevant legislation:

• The Health and Safety at Work Act

• The Electricity at Work Regulations

• The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations

• Workplace (Health and Safety and Welfare) Regulations

• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations

• Working at Height Regulations

• Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations

• Manual Handling Operations Regulations

• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations

• Display Screen Equipment at Work Regulations

• Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations

Work operations:

• Preparation and planning

• Installation

• Termination and connection

• Inspection, testing and commissioning

• Fault diagnosis and rectification

• Maintenance

The way I understand it is, you will have to gather evidence of Permits, COSHH assessments, Risk Assessments etc. this then provides evidence that you meet the criteria for that unit outcome.  It is better evidence if your name is on the permit, etc.

Is this what you are asking?

Just a suggestion, when we were checking the apprentices evidence portfolio we use to get them to number every page in their evidence portfolio then at the front of the portfolio have a matrix and on that matrix have it marked down which page in the portfolio a piece of evidence could be found for example:

Unit 301 outcome 1 Page 1, 15, 37

Hope this helps

roys

When I did mine I as mentioned above kept hss hire notes for scaffolds etc took pictures of the scaffold tags in place photo copied my iPaf book in filled in with what I'd used took pictures of barriers in place

Get some one to take a pic of u in hard hat boots hi viz etc

And just explain when doing the job what hazards could u expect to find asbestos etc etc etc