NVQ3, How many on here havn't got it?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be graded as an Electrician by the JIB you must have an NVQ L3. Unless your employed by a company you might get full electrician rate but if you sub contract usually they pay what your grade is or that's what seems on jobs I go on!Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
My JIB card states Installation Electrician, one of the 4 electrican grades available to me at the time.

I got the card about 6 years ago and all I supplied was my 2361&2 and my 2381 certificates. I couldn't apply for Approved as my Apprenticeship was not with a JIB registered company.

Don't have an NVQ3 and don't intend to get one either as I'm a sole trader and currently doing 2391 but will be joining a scam provider as I do mainly domestic. I might have considered doing NVQ3 if I was younger but happy doing what I do. I believe the big green book comes out in July, so it's more expense for us. :_|

it seems to me only required for qs overseeing others work and wont affect other short course or part qualified people registering - so no different really, unless they do class the self employed as being the qs (which i doubt)

it seems to me only required for qs overseeing others work and wont affect other short course or part qualified people registering - so no different really, unless they do class the self employed as being the qs (which i doubt)
A sole trader will be the QS so would need NVQ3 or equivalent to register on a scheme

So no real change then a one day 17th edition course is all you need

bit of a off put when you consider what it takes to get the nvq3 or 2391

NVQ3 in terms of pressure is not in the same league as the 2391 junior.
yes i understand your point, what i mean is it took approx 4 years to gain my nvq3 which is a long time

the 2391 i did in about 10 weeks however the 2391 was without a doubt the hardest

whereas the 2382 you can just sit the multiple choice exam

Level 3 installation can be the Guinnessold 2360, 2330, 2381/2, or the 2391. Nothing to do with NVQ persay.Andy
The 2391 is NOT an installation qualification.

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

A sole trader will be the QS so would need NVQ3 or equivalent to register on a scheme
Incorrect - a sole trader is only a QS IF they oversee the work of others - you cannot be your own QS.

The 2391 is NOT an installation qualification.---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Incorrect - a sole trader is only a QS IF they oversee the work of others - you cannot be your own QS.
The scheme you join requests the person who is assessed is the QS, a sole trader who is a member of any scheme will therefore be the QS.

Therefore I think you will find that I am indeed correct.

Professional I will not get into argument, only to say that the majority of domestic installers are sole traders, who are registered with various schemes. In this instance you are wrong, UKAS does not have a rule against this. It would be a bit like saying you can not verify or test your own work.

think manator is right i am a DI sole trader and down as QS