Occupied Rewires

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have done a few empty rewires and got the pricing and duration nearly spot on,but i have been asked to quote for an occupied rewire by a landlord.

This will be my first one so i need a bit of advice

3 bed house how longer does it take

how more do u quote

and best way to go about it

I am trying to get the tenants to book their holiday so i can get in but to no avail

She wants it chased in where possible

was going to give her both quotes

The thing is ive got the job she just wants the price

three an a half grand minimum.!!!

hate the things, so if you go crazy on the price and they still want you then bobs your diy friend.

only way is to really make it worth your while, IMHO.

Allow 1 hour in the morning moving furniture and lifting boards

allow 1.5 hours in the evening cleaning up and replacement of boards and furniture.

The hardest bit is trying to get everything back on in the evening. I reckon you could lose up to 3 hours a day messing around

Occupied...

Moving furniture, carpets on top of floorboards and chasing...

Working on your own theoryspark?

I have just finished one a 4 bedroom house this had a lot CAT5E wiring for sounds system and wiring for a burglar alarm. Did not have to wire the kitchen as they are having an extension latter. I did it for a friend, I charged time and materials worked out at

Sometimes they can be all right. Especially if you can pull cables down the old channels.

I'd start at the top with the upstairs lights, then move down. Get the new CU up and running first thing, then test and connect new circuits as soon as they are wired.

Ahh, Dr Watson, I presume?How are you Mate?

The summer nights are coming back again. You can work all day into early evening now. :p
As soon as it hits 4pm, I'm thinking about home time! :p

ah

the litmus test of any sparkie....

1 start by bringing a feed up to the loft...

2 knock off up-lights lights and strip out first light only....

3 wire in new light and switch and run feed to next light....

4 temp connect existing light above old rose ( if existing is in singles via conduit simply put connectors on neutrals at light. pull up feeds from switch and once again pop on a temp connector).....

5 tidy up first room...

6 move to next room and repeat

when the days work is done, test the circuit you have installed/ part installed and connect into old db doubling up on old fuse with existing circuit. then you can switch all the lights back on and go home leaving a happy customer:x

the big secret is to gradually wire and unwire the property at the same time...

funny that we all seem to start with upstairs lights on an occupied.

I find by doing it that way first it gives you a chance to get your bearing.

Latest posts