Oh what should I do

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks steps,

Still working and cuts may not affect me, but knowing my luck and nepotism selection criteria...

Just starting to worry with first little one on its way, rather have a safety net in place, or at least the best skill set I can.

One of our lads is being kicked out in three weeks and so far, the best looking prospect is as a production worker. Bit of a kick in the nuts after 5 years of training.

Can I say nuts? Heard they're only m6's

Hi Pickleye,

You say that;

"Thanks John for your comments, my 2391 tutor said I have more ability than confidence. Also, past employers have always considered me a valued employee.

But when it comes to applying for a job, I'd like to confident at tackling most things rather than trying to blag my way through"

Confidence will come with experience, but looking from the outside, can you see that, to an employer, someone like yourself, that is VERY concerned with being conscientious and doing things correctly, is far better than someone that thinks they know it all and do not care...

I think you will do very well...

john..

OK so you don't want redundancy, start making your work known to your boss. Make sure he understands how hard you work and how good your work is, and above all be enthusiastic and get on with things whilst evryone else is being miserable. At the mo you are resigned to being resigned as so it will happen. Fight for your job and get proactive (and I don't mean backstabbing your colleagues, that isn't necessary)

Pickle, I'm guessing here but you may not be being rotated by he boss for he may fear that you are clearly capable of picking up on whatever he throws at you and feels that you may leave quite soon after gaining the experience. I would suggest that you do a little digging on the net regarding alarm systems, there are plenty of manuals available to have a bit of background reading. Then on e you have digested some of the info, perhaps drop a few hints to boss the you have some understanding of alarms and would like the opportunity to have a go so to speak. The truth is he needs you more than you actually need him, you haven't realised this yet as your confidence is holding you back. Whilst you can not beat practical experience of a situation, getting the info from good books will give you a greater understanding as to why we do things he way we do them. This equips you better for when you tackle your first fault find or alarm install, remember this forum will always help those that help themselves.

Don't be too afraid to ask, I know sometimes we can come across a little harsh, heaven knows I've done it myself, ultimately though we are generally a good bunch.