One good thing to come out of the credit crunch.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC Technical

Reaction score
All of the Polski firms where I am have ****ed off home, this means more work for those of us that are actually qualified to do it, I have had 26 calls for sorting out their messy electrical work in the last 2 days.

Had a look at one yesterday & promptly said "You need to get whoever installed this bak here as I have not got a clue as to where to start.

They installed a load of new sockets running the cables under the floor, trouble is they have used red sleeved cooker wire with know idents or anything. Now I know that I could sort this out, but I dont see why the customer should have to pay a lot more money for me to sort this out when it was only done in january & should have been done correctly from the start.

Asked who they hired to do the work, polish firm was the reply, why says I.

Coz they were cheap & it was all done in a day.

Excellent, byeee. X(

agreed;) i have worked with several and they are very good at looking busy when the foremans around....and the work they do is quick and cheap but also WRONG the majority of the timeX(

You said it, I honestly do not understand people mindset when they go for cheap, then call us out to sort it out, only to have a cow when you give them a quotation. :~