Oooops! Member privileges for Non-Members!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A short while ago on another thread we talked about those plug-in lamp holder connectors with 4mm sockets you can plug your meter leads into to make testing easier..

http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1804

This reminded me to go and have another look at costs etc, for them...

Two makes "Socket & See" and "Kewtech" seemed to be the main choices..

and in general they were around

That would appear highly likely Mr Sworld!:^OApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

But I couldn't possible comment! :eek: ; ):|B-)

Just to add... I did e-mail the relevant site, making them aware of the "apparent error" in their system,

It is up to them to secure it if they see is important?

For example; if you search a product and end up on the NICEIC members webshop...

when you go to purchase an item it seems to pick this up and ask you to log in with your membership detail!

It seems not all Scheme providers are as on the ball with there members webshops...

or perhaps they just want as much business as they can get???? ?:| ;)

There's nothing wrong with then selling to non-members!

Maybe they could offer their members discount?

Nothing to stop me buing a set - should I want to!

:D

Now i have been using a Fluke 1653 for a while, i can see why these are needed, along with a flask and sarnies waiting for the Z tests. My old Robin kit did it instantly
But it does trip Rcbo's.

Batty

; \

Fluke and Di-log don't trip electronic RCBO's. Why should we be using double pole RCBO'S.Batty
Hasn't it been said before that by disconecting L & N it's technically 'safer' and more complete isolation.

Don't they do this in Europe?

Hasn't it been said before that by disconecting L & N it's technically 'safer' and more complete isolation. Don't they do this in Europe?
We are not geared up to do this in this country. As far as i am aware you only have to disconnect live and neutral on caravan installations and TT systems. I have a caravan box to fit at the moment it has five c10 double pole RCBO'S in it to comply with 17th edition. Quite expensive though.

Batty

We are not geared up to do this in this country. As far as i am aware you only have to disconnect live and neutral on caravan installations and TT systems. I have a caravan box to fit at the moment it has five c10 double pole RCBO'S in it to comply with 17th edition. Quite expensive though.Batty
why not.?

you can fit them in most standard CUs.

also, if you dont disconnect the N then you cant call it a means of isolation.

anyway, we are in europe(like it or not), and its this sort of 'why should we' attitude that has us still living in the dark ages and using an outdated and basically dangerous(in some circumstances) electrical system.

you keep installing unsafe electrical installations, and if I ever do PIRs on them I'll keep marking them down as 1's.

bet you reckon PME is a brilliant system too? ]:) :_| ; \

IMHO

Hasn't it been said before that by disconecting L & N it's technically 'safer' and more complete isolation. Don't they do this in Europe?
They do in France. I like it, it's much safer.

However in France the owner of the property supplies the earth not the electricity company! I have a photo of an 'earth rod' over there. It was some earth cable wrapped around a thin piece of re-bar and pushed into the ground! :_|

They do in France. I like it, it's much safer.However in France the owner of the property supplies the earth not the electricity company! I have a photo of an 'earth rod' over there. It was some earth cable wrapped around a thin piece of re-bar and pushed into the ground! :_|
That's one for