Outbuilding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you've added to an existing installation then its an addition .

As far as I know  a "New Installation "   is a new installation as in  , new supply  to a  new build  .       

In theory you should test any cct before modifying or adding to it. That way you can't get blamed for any faults that may pre-exist your work. You may find Zs is too high, or CPC is broken somehwere, or you have CPC where cct has been modified previously, but cable leaving board is 2 core only and has no CPC. 

If you've added to an existing installation then its an addition .

As far as I know  a "New Installation "   is a new installation as in  , new supply  to a  new build  .       
If you were installing a garage CU off a breaker from the main board I know you would have to fill out a EIC ( addition to an existing installation) 

But say while installing the the garage CU you notice that water bonding for the house was in adequate and needed to be upgraded ,would you need to do another EIC form ( alteration to an existing installation ) or could you just put this down all on on EIC form ?

But say while installing the the garage CU you notice that water bonding for the house was in adequate and needed to be upgraded ,would you need to do another EIC form ( alteration to an existing installation ) or could you just put this down all on on EIC form ?
1 EIC .....use the description of works wisely and carefully, the same EIC can cover the sub board too

don’t forget a new circuit = Part P

1 EIC .....use the description of works wisely and carefully, the same EIC can cover the sub board too

don’t forget a new circuit = Part P
great thanks thought so. I know you put in 2 schedule of test results one for the main DB and another for the Garage unit. But if the only work you did from the main board was put In a SWA to go to Garage unit I assume on the schedule of test sheet you don’t have to test the whole of the main board but just the circuit you installed ? 

great thanks thought so. I know you put in 2 schedule of test results one for the main DB and another for the Garage unit. But if the only work you did from the main board was put In a SWA to go to Garage unit I assume on the schedule of test sheet you don’t have to test the whole of the main board but just the circuit you installed ? 

please, please, please START A NEW THREAD next time you ask a question ....

please, please, please START A NEW THREAD next time you ask a question ....
Ok I will . I thought because I was talking about a garage which is an out building it was related to the original topic. But ok I will. Thanks 

If you were installing a garage CU off a breaker from the main board I know you would have to fill out a EIC ( addition to an existing installation) 

Don't  invent even more paperwork  FFS   Trainee   ....there enough already . 

Latest posts