Outside electric feed

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1733

Reaction score
The electric mains comes into my semi detached house along the rear of the property from my neighbour house. Approx 2.4mt high from ground level..

I'm in the process of building a rear extension and was wondering what to do regards the cable. Should I just bury it in the plaster? Trunk it to make it accessable or reroute it (if possible)
At what age should the cable be changed? The house was built in the 1930s,. I've owned the house 34 years and I think it's original.

don't bury it or make it inaccesible. if it needs relocated you'll have to contact your DNO

i know northern powergrid used to have a fixed charge around £900 to move it, this was a few years ago though

don't bury it or make it inaccesible. if it needs relocated you'll have to contact your DNO

i know northern powergrid used to have a fixed charge around £900 to move it, this was a few years ago though
Is it possible to trunk it and not clip it so it can be pulled in the future. If yes is there any specific trunking

Latest posts