P.A.T Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally83

Reaction score
Good day people, how are you all?

Iv got a small question regarding P.A.T testing.

I know that to pat test you dont have to be a qualified electrician but what qualifications do you need to legally perform this task?

I have been asked by the man upstairs if i would start doing it again but I really dont have the time to do that anymore, and have a strong dislike towards pat testing as its mind numbing so id like to try an get one of the younger lads to do it instead. If i can feed him info he might let me off the hook.

Answers on a postcard:)

Cheers

Ally

Good day people, how are you all?Iv got a small question regarding P.A.T testing.

I know that to pat test you dont have to be a qualified electrician but what qualifications do you need to legally perform this task?

I have been asked by the man upstairs if i would start doing it again but I really dont have the time to do that anymore, and have a strong dislike towards pat testing as its mind numbing so id like to try an get one of the younger lads to do it instead. If i can feed him info he might let me off the hook.

Answers on a postcard:)

Cheers

Ally
I don't think there are any qualifications that make you legal. PAT is just a way to satisfy the Electricity at Work Act. Anyone can do it, it's just that qualifications show that you are 'compedent' if it ever went to court.

Get one of the younger lads to do it. With standard office equipment the tester pretty much guides you through it!

Two different units though.

Unit 01: Certificate of Competent Management:

Designed for managers and administrators of work-places that provide maintenance and testing services. Practical tests and the completion of the necessary paper-work will be demonstrated.

Unit 02: Certificate of Competence for Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment:

Course designed for staff undertaking the recording, inspection and testing of electrical equipment. Practical work is an integral part of the course.

So, Ally, you need to take unit 1 and send the boy on unit 2! :^O

at my training centre the told us that you do not need any formal quals to do PAT testing you just required instruction on how to perform them.

craig

Behave yourself Man.

KME is still trying to read them.

:D

But don't get your pat tester wet...Like this one!

PAT testing the old fashioned way!!! ]:) :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O
Behave yourself Man.KME is still trying to read them.

:D
You two are a "bucket & spade" of laughs. Really!

(no, i`m lying!)

I need to officially request a "de-scoober". I want to un-reputation someone(s). Admin. to your post:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O] :)

You two are a "bucket & spade" of laughs. Really!(no, i`m lying!)

I need to officially request a "de-scoober". I want to un-reputation someone(s). Admin. to your post:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O] :)
You..... Bugg*r!!!

You did that pushy shovey posty thing..

while someone else was still typing!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Suggest you learn to type "proper" like...........Might be able to keep up then:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O
I only have short fingers!

You should not mock the afflicted? X(

In fact....

for all you know...

I may only have..

THUMBS...

all left handed thumbs!

Ten of em!! :eek: :O:O

eh...??? ; \ ; \ ?:| :|

Thanks lads,

Im going to go sell the idea of the one of the younger lads doing it to my boss now.

Portable appliance testing ...................... AAAaahhhhhh (stabs himself in eye with screwdriver) bores me s***less & its even worse when you have to go searching for the appliances.