P.A.T Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
money is crap but a good starting point for a young un

straight out of school on min wage

Hahaha, you DO indeed need to have the C&G 2377/whatever number it is now and I do not find it mind numbingly boring, im 40 ffs and this is a good income for me albeit on a part time basis. Money for old rope comes to mind.

if you are a qualified electrician, you do not need any further qualification, as your existing qualifications make you a competant person that is required by the electricity at works regs.

Welcome to the forum sparkyrj.

Thanks for your input.

:)

You don't need ANY qualification to do PAT testing, let alone be a qualified electrician. You just need to be able to demonstrate your competence.

C&G 2377 can be a good start, but it is not the be all and end all. Knowledge, training and experience all need to be taken into account.

Sorry for the rant, but it's gets a bit tiresome, seeing (not just here) so many people think you need a bit of paper with City & Guilds written on it to be allowed to PAT test, and if you have it, that's all boxes ticked.

if you are a qualified electrician, you do not need any further qualification, as your existing qualifications make you a competant person that is required by the electricity at works regs.
Welcome to the day shift :D :D:D

You don't need ANY qualification to do PAT testing, let alone be a qualified electrician. You just need to be able to demonstrate your competence. C&G 2377 can be a good start, but it is not the be all and end all. Knowledge, training and experience all need to be taken into account.

Sorry for the rant, but it's gets a bit tiresome, seeing (not just here) so many people think you need a bit of paper with City & Guilds written on it to be allowed to PAT test, and if you have it, that's all boxes ticked.
And welcome to you Grizz on the day shift

No Problem Gents, Nice to have you on board. :D

Kme

how you doin'

thanks for that ^O:^O;)

im only trying to get more on days so i have people to talk to :( :( :(

have you seen how many people dont come on in the day

over 650 members and most of them only come out at night :^O :^O:^O:^O

Evenin` mate.

I know. Admin told me you were getting lonely, locked up in here all by yourself all day!!!

That`s why I`m here now. Helping you get used to having people around again.

I know you THINK you want to be surrounded by people; but re-integration is a loing, slow process; and you have to take it slowly.

Trust me, you WILL be normal again, one day...........

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:x:x

Evenin` mate.I know. Admin told me you were getting lonely, locked up in here all by yourself all day!!!

That`s why I`m here now. Helping you get used to having people around again.

I know you THINK you want to be surrounded by people; but re-integration is a loing, slow process; and you have to take it slowly.

Trust me, you WILL be normal again, one day...........

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:x:x
A word for all the wise to heed..... ;)

NEVER TRUST KME! ; \

He's only after your souls.... ]:)

Once he's got em... he don't give em back... :p

I've been waiting over 8weeks now.... :p :p:p

He still don't even give a hint as to when I can have me soul back! :(