Page Tabs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
I have a red regs book and I am doing my level 3. I have made do with finding tables and regs etc but now I need an easier way to find them.

I have seen electricians that have little tabs sticking out on the side of pages, I don't know what they are called and I can't find them anywhere.

Can anyone recommend any?

You used to be able to get these tabs for filofaxes.

What I used last time was just some colored sticky labels about 2" by 1".

Stick them onto one side of the page, fold them over in half and stick them on the other side. Then write on them.

I used insulating tape and double it back, cutting the tape rather than my usual tear with fingers, as tearing it slightly stretches it and when it contracts it curls the tape making it look rubbish. Different colours for different things, tables in red, earthing stuff in green etc. with a little clue written on the tape as well. Not allowed that book in the exam though.

I would have thought a visit to you nearest, Staples or Rymans office supplies should find something. W.H.Smith's used to have a decent selection of these sort of things but, I have found, over recent years their product choice has become less and too expensive.

Doc H.

I tagged my regs book for the exam then pulled them all off afterwards as they can be more of a pain than a help sometimes. Once you use the book alot you'll learn where the tables etc can be found easily

Got some post it ones today. Can anyone recommend me what pages to tab for my level 3 exams?

I have tabbed the k values and max ZS so far.

You tab the ones you have trouble finding....

Personally I just had the start of each of the 7 Parts & each of the 15 Appendixes tabbed.

So If I was going to find Appendix 4 that was tabbed along the vertical side of the pages..

and Part sections tabbed along the top of the pages...

anything more than that IMHO got to messy!

Once you are in the right Part or Appendix it doesn't take long to flick to the bit you are looking for.

Guinness