Part P,....going around in circles here

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Daniels has just pointed out to me that it is only NICEIC !

sphincters!

is there not a single database for all of it?

A single database? Are you mad! This would mean the schemes colaberating...... And that's not going to happen unless a single body replaces the fiasco we have now.

Like I said, I may be wrong but I was under the impression that the LABC's rely on the scams for this information and don't physically hold the information themselves.

I may have dreamt this up but remember they are part of a local authority where incompetence is king!

Okay so I phoned my LABC and asked who holds the information, the only information they hold is the address, date of the application and the description of the works and anything else is held by the scams.

:Blushing

So the "basics" which we fill in on line then - so could they tell you anything about the specific address in question or is that subject to data protection?

So the "basics" which we fill in on line then - so could they tell you anything about the specific address in question or is that subject to data protection?

I posed the question as if I were a potential buyer trying to identify if electrical works had been notified at any particular property. All the info they have to give you is what I previously mentioned.

The cert numbers and any other info is held by the scam's.

Also worth mentioning that this may vary between different LABC'S.

:)

But apart from the date and the description of the works - what else would you want to know?

i.e. 6th Oct 2014 - new fuseboard and circuits added .....

Latest posts