Part P

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm just coming out of my c & g 2330 aprenticeship and looking to go self employed sometime in early 2010, ideally I'd like to get my part P sometime this year? Is this possible? What else would i need? I work for a local contracting firm and am very familiar with testing and inspecting.

So how does it work? Do you do one of these 5 day courses, and then you have to submit a certain ammount of test sheets and certs? Do they also come and look at your jobs once or twice a year?

Are there any other ways of being able to self cerify your work? My dad and father inlaw are both builders and prepared to give me their electrical work, but its only worth it to them if i can self certify it.

you get yourself qualified enough to do work (apprenticeship, know it all in 5 day course etc). then register. then someone comes to look at a job of yours, checks all paperwork (PLI etc). makes sure you know what your doing. then repeat yearly.

if your not registered, you can still do work, but notify LABC who will then check it and issure part p certs (for a nice fee)