Part P

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want to cut any corners, I think I'm competent enough to start working on installations, and what i don't know about the practical side of things I'll pick up quickly, anything I don't know I'll only need to be shown once. I just thought if I can get something in addition to the 2330 under my belt then it can only be a good thing.

Do I have to finish my level 2 before I can 'qualify' as a mate, and then there's the ECS card, from what I've seen I need to be working before I can get this?

I'm currently halfway through my second year of the 2330 l2 and was wondering if it would be worth me taking a Part P course as I want to get out and start working asap. I'll be going on to do the level 3 2330 but don't want to wait another year and a half to start looking for work. any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.
when i first became part p reg, the only formal quals i had was 2381 & part of 2330 (still aprrentice at the time)

You do not need to be a member of any little club if you notify LABC before you start work (and pay their fees). Also non notifiable work can be done now.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for your reply. The qualification you detailed below would not be acceptable for assessment onto the Domestic Installer Scheme. Please see the below qualifications that the NICEIC would accept for the Domestic Installer Scheme:

so should I

a. just carry on with the 2330 and look for work as a mate

b. the above plus the full scope part p

c. the above plus 17th regs

but surely it would give me more options if i completed one of b. or c. in addition to a.

all the colleges that run the course do it on the same nights as my 2330 so I could only do a week course or a learning from home thing

how much work are you expecting to get, joing a sceam is expensive,

I've signed myself up to do the 17th edition at Has anyone used these before?
Bit late to ask now - if you have already signed up for it. :|

Well I did post a thread asking for alternatives but got no replies, so from what I could find I chose the most professional looking place.

He did mention it about half way up Admin.

Quirky, you may have got more responce to the question about the 'learning centre' in a seperate thread (but probably not ;) ) as people (and I include myself in that) can 'switch off' reading a thread if they think they know where it's going.

Thats what I did, a new thread about North East Training Centres, nevermind, booked now. Just hope i take enough of it in to get through.