Part qualified electrician looking for work as mate also further training/funding

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig78

Reaction score
Hi there I am looking for any help as to find work as a mate in the Essex/London areas. I am part qualified (C&G 23691 P1&2, AM1).

I am currently studying part time to get up to 17th edition. And hopefully Inspection and Test, but as I am sure everyone is aware these courses are not cheap so it is a struggle to pay for them when not in full time work.

Does anybody know of any organisation that offers funding or grants to help people in my situation. Many thanks for reading any help really appreciated.

I've heard of people getting funding (not full funding) through the job centre but my job centre weren't intrerested when I tried but yours may. Just a thought

My local college has a scheme for people about to be made redundant or made redundant in the last 6 months. They have European funding for short courses, including the 17th Edition and Inspection & Test. Probably other colleges have something similar as its a way for them to get more people on their courses.

You could also try the NextStep people who also have access to funding for training that leads to employment. Good luck.