Partial rewire of a house regarding the redundant cables

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexicon

Reaction score
If I engage an qualified electrian to carry out a partial rewire is it encumbered upon the operator to remove all the old cables or can the more inaccessable ones remain as they will be disconnected and therefore inert.

Fine to leave them in if they're redundant but usually removed both for space for new cables through joists etc and for a weigh in down the scrapyard. 

Fine to leave them in if they're redundant but usually removed both for space for new cables through joists etc and for a weigh in down the scrapyard. 
Thank you

It would be more convenient if they were left in in some places where the cable run is different, less  disruption.

If I engage an qualified electrian to carry out a partial rewire is it encumbered upon the operator to remove all the old cables or can the more inaccessable ones remain as they will be disconnected and therefore inert.

If you want it all removed you need to specify this before they start

Personally I remove as much as i can as I go along  .... especially if it means i can reuse drilled holes ......