Password?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably because one of the viewers, will not see it as a Joke and try doing some of the things mentioned within it. :_|
After seeing some real-life nightmares that wouldn't supprise me!

I came accross an upstairs socket connected to a downstairs light circuit...(because it was the nearest wire)...the joint was wires twisted together & wrapped in selotape. :( :( ???????

Also a garden pond pump supply with a length of flex, fed inside a garden hose, to a 13a socket which the moulded plug from the pond pump connected to it!

the plug and socket was enclosed in an upside-down margarine tub with the lid taped on!!!! :_| :_| :_| ???????

someone thought these were OK????

joe public may do anything wiv lectrics ! :|

After seeing some real-life nightmares that wouldn't supprise me!the plug and socket was enclosed in an upside-down margarine tub with the lid taped on!!!! :_| :_| :_| ???????

joe public may do anything wiv lectrics ! :|
At least an IPX4 rating was in place..

:D

Its normally an ice cream container !
It was the LARGE size tub..

Catering pack! almost as big as an ice-cream tub.

but it was carfully tucked under the corner of the shed to provide a bit more protection from "External Influences" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

My customer had just bought the house, single woman but even she knew it was dodgey... as for the previous owners. Doh:(

I must point out twas not left like this!

by the time I left twas a proper SWA run to an MK masterseal double socket.

1 for the pond & a spare to plug the lawnmower in! B)

Right good & proper..happy customer & happy electrician with cheque to take home:)