PAT Tesing Course (2377-12)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quirky

Reaction score
Does anyone reckon it would be worth doing this course, I'm currently doing the 2330, have just done my 17th edition, now I'm thinking about doing this.

I just thought the more quals I get now, the easier it will be to find some work, I just want to get my foot in the door somewhere and if that will give me a better chance then it'll be worth it.

if its not going to cost you a lot of money then , yes maybe worth it... some companies will send you on a course if you dont have it...

i would say though if you want to get some paper to help you get some work you should look at getting your 2391... maybe dont do the 2377 and save up for that.

where are you up to with your 2330?

I'll be finished the level 2 in June, I plan on getting the 2391 but I don't think I'd be ready for that yet after hearing how hard it is and how little testing I've done. I figure I'll try and do that towards the end of the level 3 2330. I just figured the Pat testing would be another string to my bow for any prospective employers.

It would be ... And yes if you have not done your lv 3 you should wait to do the 2391 ... The thing that beats any bit of paper is experiance ... Try and do as much as possible , gives you somthing to talk about in a interview ... Good luck

I dont think that 2377 is worth much unless your doing PAT testing quite a bit. I done it in 1 day and that included the test and even though its a level 3 exam, its easy. You dont need to be qualified to do PAT testing either, just got to be competant. Its cant hurt to do it but since ive done it ive not done any patting at all.

Cheers

Well I don't plan on making a career out of it but if it gets me through the door hen it's worth it to me. I've never done any pat testing so it would be just as much about learning the process as getting the qualification, at the minute I wouldn't have a clue, whereas after the course, I'd, hopefully, be able to go out and test.

a friend of mine did all his 2330 and nvq and all the rest , couldn;t get a job so he started doing work for a national PAT company.... he was doing it for about 5 months and then they moved him onto be a electrcian , so in some respects it helped him get through the door.

it wont do you any harm to do it ,... but be warned pat testing has to be the most boaring thing in the world!!!

It can't be any worse than working in the office i'm in at the minute, i'm quite happy to start out doing the crappy jobs

It can't be any worse than working in the office i'm in at the minute, i'm quite happy to start out doing the crappy jobs
Wait til your on your 135th PC, Monitor, PC, Monitor, PC, MONITO............. :z

Did a school last week, not over it yet, took 3 of us 4 days. :_|

I've just booked my place on the course for the 11th March, just hope I pick it up in 1 day