Pifco Christmas Lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overend

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry to bother with simple question. I have a set of Pifco lights, wired in series. They are not working, but I gave tested each of the bulbs, all working. I have a simple circuit tester, light up, this shows no current through the lights, but a current on the return wire without bulbs.

I have swopped fuse but still the same result.

Throw away, or is there a possible fix?

Many thanks

It is probably a broken wire on one of the lamp holders, assuming you do find it (You should take each one apart, which is never easy) you then will need a soldering iron and solder to fix it. Sorry to say, but it is quicker, easier and cheaper to bin them and buy a new multifunction set of LED lights

I don't understand what you are saying about your test results, but my way of fault finding the old series mains lamp sets was to use a Voltstick type non-contact tester.
These solved a long term annual problem, but became available just as that type of light set became obsolete!

It is probably a broken wire on one of the lamp holders, assuming you do find it (You should take each one apart, which is never easy) you then will need a soldering iron and solder to fix it. Sorry to say, but it is quicker, easier and cheaper to bin them and buy a new multifunction set of LED lights
Many thanks will try this

If you do think its a broken connection in a lampholder, then rather than take them all apart you should be able to locate it down to two holders with a simple continuity test.

Latest posts