Pir code please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maccarooni

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Checking a code on pir please.

4 I believe,

Your comments please.

100m/A RCD protected board in a kitchen

Ovens socket and lights all on this.

No 30m/A for sockets.

Some cables behind Metal backsplash.

Tnc-s arrangement

Many thanks macca

Also

Reading through the NIC pocket guide, even a single code 2 is deemed unsatisfactory,

I have a No local means of isolation for a hand dryer in a toilet block. I do however know that there is a change of cable within the wall from 2.5 T+E to 1.5 HR flex. Wall was recently tiled (looks about 2 yrs ago) and the same reply from everyone on site ( I, know nothing) now i would consider this to be a code 3,

Any thoughts please,

Macca

Hi guys,Checking a code on pir please.

4 I believe,

Your comments please.

100m/A RCD protected board in a kitchen

Ovens socket and lights all on this.

No 30m/A for sockets.

Some cables behind Metal backsplash.

Tnc-s arrangement

Many thanks macca
Code 2 for sockets likely to be used for portable equipment outdoors, otherwise code 4 for the other sockets.

Code 4 for buried cables.

Code 4 for RCD main switch.

Also Reading through the NIC pocket guide, even a single code 2 is deemed unsatisfactory,

I have a No local means of isolation for a hand dryer in a toilet block. I do however know that there is a change of cable within the wall from 2.5 T+E to 1.5 HR flex. Wall was recently tiled (looks about 2 yrs ago) and the same reply from everyone on site ( I, know nothing) now i would consider this to be a code 3,

Any thoughts please,

Macca
Now that would depend on how the joint was done... if it's a maintenance free joint and it's DI then that would be OK, but if it's a bit of choc block wrapped in tape then that wouldn't be right

So yes a code 3... unless you have more info as above

Now that would depend on how the joint was done... if it's a maintenance free joint and it's DI then that would be OK, but if it's a bit of choc block wrapped in tape then that wouldn't be rightSo yes a code 3... unless you have more info as above
Unknown as tiled over so 3 it is.

Thanks

Also Reading through the NIC pocket guide, even a single code 2 is deemed unsatisfactory,

Any thoughts please,

Macca
If you are reasonably certain that the change in cable is within the wall, then I'd give that a 2 because it doesn't really need investigating (you know it's there), it needs fixing. Also what is the OCPD for this 1.5 flex?

Thinking about it, bet there was an FCU which is now missing and box tiled over.
Sorry forthe delayed reply, had to rush out to collect the kids,,,

OCPD ? sorry whats thats.......

I woulsd also presume that at one point there was an unswitched FCU at high level.

Its on a caravan park, so a switched one is generally a no-no as the kids always mess with them.

Macca

OCPD = Over Current Protective DeviceI agree this is important, if the mcb/fuse protects 1.5, I'd go for a 4 pesonally, otherwise 2.
Doh of course (Mcb to me)

its on a 16Amcb

leaves the CU in 2.5mm T+E and is clipped direct for 7 metres then disappears down a stud wall. so HR flex will be no longer than 2 metres.

Table 4e2a ref method A 18.5A Current Carry Cap.

Would you concur.....

Macca

I would be happy to take on board your reasons.

Its a good way of seeing everyones perspective on things.

Macca

OK:

1. No means of isolation

2. No way to inspect joint (I have to assume it's not a maintenance free joint)

3. RCD not 30mA on buried cables (another assumption that installation is not overseen by a competent or instructed person)

I'm sure I has more in my mind before but they've gone, propelled by whisky!

OK:1. No means of isolation

2. No way to inspect joint (I have to assume it's not a maintenance free joint)

3. RCD not 30mA on buried cables (another assumption that installation is not overseen by a competent or instructed person)

I'm sure I has more in my mind before but they've gone, propelled by whisky!
Should have said

4 DB's in total

Kitchen is only one with 100m/A rcd

Toilet block has 30m/A MS

but your points taken on board and thanks for your input.

Macca

Are you sure that is whisky or is it whiskey?... ; \ ; \ ; \

Paul :^O
Depends what it is.

Irish whiskey is whiskey.

Any other type is whisky.

Comes from the Irish uisce beatha (the water of life).

Latest posts