plasma fire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty4

Reaction score
Hi lads, I have a job coming up to install a plasma fire just under the customers tv on the wall. The tv is on its own fcu spurred from a socket nearby, the customer wants a seperate switch for the fire, so do you think its best coming from the same fcu for the tv and putting a seperate switch to control the fire or just spur again from another socket?(socket across room)

sure similar to this has been discused befor in a kitchen.

right from what i can gather

1 put fcu next to socket to feed the tv fcu and spur off tv fcu for fire,

2 put an extra fcu next to the tv one, so a spur off 1 socket feeds 2 fcu put note in deviation box.

3 run another twin from the socket and extend the ring

thats prob your options going on how i have read it,

wait for some more input though

This customer is barmy, worst place for a TV is above a fire. I'd strongly advise against it as the TV won;t last long at all.

As for the original question, I can;t work out what it is. I think the answer is fit a switch?

I have already advised against putting the fire below the tv even if the heat is produced from the bottom of the fire but the customer wants what he wants. My original post was just to get a few ideas on best practice for doing this,as you know there are many ways of doing this type of job. I'll advise customer again and suggest moving tv or indeed fire.

Cheers Tom for quick response......

I get asked to put TV's over fires and rads all the time, and it can potentially impact on reliability, many manufactures manuals show this as an incorrect installation point, so could void the warranty in the event of failure

I even get asked if I can breach the flue to install cables, which I have to refuse unless the fire has been clearly taken out of commission (e.g firebox, hearth removed etc)