Plumbers doing PAT Testing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
I was shown an e-mail from a plumber offering his services

something like this...

Pat testing of items including microwave leakage test,,check all sockets (with what ????)

replace fuses,plugs where required for free

collect and return keys for free no hidden charges

I assumed that was PAT testing everthing in the house that belonged to the landlord

Depends how many appliances there are.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was made at 01:25 ----------

Maybe he is trying to get his foot in the door with rental agents and landlords for plumbing too.

The poor plumber`s problem is that a leak that you fail to find on a pipe is either obviously leaking, or

bad day explodewhat pipe? :slap

He can say he`s fixed electrical leaks all day long, joe bloggs didn`t know they were there in the first place!!!!!!

And all plumbers are trustworthy; so they wouldn`t "find" (and, it seems, "fix") an electrical leak that wasn`t there.......surely?

Gas safety checks I'm assuming.

They're required every year, so it makes a nice little package without having to get a second tradesman in.

Plumbers seem to be getting in on all trades plumbing/sparky/ tiling / painting / gardening going to be fixing cars soon

I might go into unblocking bogs at 50 quid a pop! What's good for the goose and all that!