PME ???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the first post it says a "split load board" so to TT the installation you will also need to upgrade the "new" consumer unit. Look's to me like the spark that installed the board wasn't really a spark just changed an old board for a shiny new one not knowing the consequences of his actions. has anybody called the dno and asked them whats installed at said address?

My thoughts exactly Paul. A PME request has gone in and a reply awaits. If a PME is not possible then monies will be refunded and will go towards TT'ing.

Will post when I know more.

Simannjo

Call DNO and enquire whether the property is PME or not, and ask if inspector can visit urgently because you suspect installation in dangerous / probaly needs new Consumer Head.

In the first post it says a "split load board" so to TT the installation you will also need to upgrade the "new" consumer unit. Look's to me like the spark that installed the board wasn't really a spark just changed an old board for a shiny new one not knowing the consequences of his actions. has anybody called the dno and asked them whats installed at said address?
why?

in a normal domestic I would have a guess all circuits will have 30mA RCD or RCBO protection anyway.

and if it is a M/C CU then all it would need is an additional RCD in a plastic enclosure upstream.

Split board with half on 30mA RCD. Ground floor extention to be done to include bathrrom, bedroom and utility room for washing machine etc.

2 spare ways... one on each side.

Nothing but sockets and a shower on RCD side and all lights on Non RCD side.

All done 2 years ago...

well TBH it would prob be a cheaper option to just bung in RCBOs, how many/what manufacture do you need?

still really cant understand what kind of ******* could have done that and left you without(potentially) an EARTH. ?

Have you checked earth fault loop. I am convinced that is Tns hed. Maybe floor has been made up over hed and earth cable is below. The other option is that earth was taken of water pipe but i would check loop at consumer unit. But you are probably going to need 30mA rcd protection throughout to bring property up to 17th edition anyway so you could rod it.

Batty

Rodding it at this stage is a difficult option. Wall behind hed now has next doors extention up against it. Left of hed is tiled kitchen floor and right and centre is oak floor...

Suppose I could go right through and rod it into next doors dining room! Its their bloody extension thats in the way.

Will contact DNO when I have a couple of hours!