power center bussbar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose man

Reaction score
hi all

im trying to locate some fuse carriers for a 1361 ME type body 40A up to 80 A for a powercenter bussbar i know its old and i have tried wholesalers local but no look

any ideas were i could get some

thanks moose man

Any pics ??

Are they cylindrical ,black, open up in two halfs then push each half onto the end caps of the fuse ?

If you know exactly what they are , as in part No. or pics, there a place in Birmingham sells stripped out gear such as that.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuse carriers for a 1361 ME type body 40A up to 80 A for a powercenter bussbar busbar on talk.el.jpg

fuse carriers for a 1361 ME type body 40A up to 80 A for a powercenter bussbar busbar on talk.el.jpg

Deke i have atatched some pics of fuse carriers hope this helps and thanks for reply

moose man

IMG00412-20120629-1218.jpg

IMG00415-20120629-1220.jpg

IMG00416-20120629-1222.jpg

i have e mailed admin for problem as i was able to open links today

mooseman

thanks admin

nice one just hope deke see them

moose man

I have just PM'd him to have a butchers.

Ah thanks guys ...just listening to some Appalacian style two finger banjo picking on You tube ,,,so where were we.?

Ah yes I thought it was those . I'll check tomorrow in garage but I have to say they I think they are a rarity. I know them because theres a load of that stuff installed at the Tufnol factory near me but they struggle to find additional ones thenselves now .

And no I can't nick you any 'cos I don't go there anymore . Waiting for a cheque to come is worse than waiting for Steptoe to buy a round.

If you are really stuck I could check with a place I know at Spaghetti Junction , got a couple of Talisman 3 pole breakers there this morning .

Edit: 40 A to 80A OOooohh I think you will have to be really lucky to locate those TBH. Wholesalers won't have them now . They're from the 1950s early 60s . :eek:

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:21 ----------

The ones I used only went up to 30A and took glass BS88 but are the same .

What size do you need and how many ?

hi deke

thanks for that mate i will need 3 off as a min and fuse size 40A MEbody as from 40-80 there the same size carrier

i have loads off the small carriers for the bs88 gG MD body up to 32A

as i have stripped out some old machines at work so i kept them as you never know

thanks moose man

Moose, we did some 30A,s they all went in the great "We'll never need any of these again" clearout of last year .

Try these guys on 0121 3283343 Current Electrical .

Or I can call in with your pics .

hi deke if your in the area and you dont mind could you show pics to them as a photo tells a thousand words

much appreciated for your help ii pm you my works e mail tom and contact details tom if they have some i could colllect them no problem

moose man

Moose , I was at the Spaghetti Junction place today , Ref: your Power Centre fuse carriers.

They don't have them I'm afraid but have given me another contact which is in Wednesbury ,near J8 of the M6 apparently.

Contact Kevin on 0121 556 2255.

thanks mate for looking i will give that number a ring on monday i did find a 100a tap off unit which plugs into bussbar carrier to up it to 100amp

as last result i might have that converted to take a modern carreier as a last result

it getting harder to locate old stuff onthe self and the press shop is full with that type of bussbar i think at some stage they will have to replace it with a more up to date canalis type

thanks again moose man

I worked for a guy called Ted feeley at eames parac.

They have loads of old kit. Worth a try

t.

Latest posts