Pricing help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Fox

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well been to price my first job working for myself and want to see what you guys think of the price I have come up with, don't want to be over pricing as I won't get the job but at the same time don't want to undersell myself and cause problems with other local sparks by going in too cheaply. I live in South Essex by the way. The job is an extension to a kitchen, so I will be extending the ring and adding 4 additional double sockets above a work surface, 2 fused spurs with single sockets below for the fridge and washing machine. 2 way lighting bringing on 2 pendants and remove the original fuse box and replace with a split load dual rcd consumer unit. The price is for supply and fit and is for the home owner not builder. I've come up with

just done 1 similar for 750 and all went well, but we had a few spots in the kitchen and a 3 way lighting to sort, but the board was 17th already and plenty of spare ways.

sounds about right to me .. 1st,2nd and 3rd fix and a little bet for extra`s.

i also add an hourly rate to the quote for agreed extra`s outside lights/external sockets. etc, and have a triplicate book that they sign on agreement of extra work so no nasty surprises at the end of the job. :)

Hello all,Well been to price my first job working for myself and want to see what you guys think of the price I have come up with, don't want to be over pricing as I won't get the job but at the same time don't want to undersell myself and cause problems with other local sparks by going in too cheaply. I live in South Essex by the way. The job is an extension to a kitchen, so I will be extending the ring and adding 4 additional double sockets above a work surface, 2 fused spurs with single sockets below for the fridge and washing machine. 2 way lighting bringing on 2 pendants and remove the original fuse box and replace with a split load dual rcd consumer unit. The price is for supply and fit and is for the home owner not builder. I've come up with